It Feels So Real- Part Two

Just because I love this au

{Tw: Swearing}

Jake led Arthur through the woods, the knight carrying the injured boy on his back as he followed.

'There is no way in hell they are just friends.' Jake thought. Plus, he could've sworn Arthur had called Merlin 'love' when he'd gotten shot.

"So, Lancelot, what exactly is the 'Squip?'" Arthur asked.

"Well, they were pills that tried to take control of a whole school once. When they were supposedly destroyed, their spirits kept floating around in technology. I don't know how, but they managed to take over this vr system, and are now trying to take over." Jake explained.

He glanced back at the two boys behind him, seeing some recognition on their face at the mention of the Squip. They must've had some experiences with one.

"Is... there some kind of trap system in this game? Because last time I checked, video games are not supposed to hurt you, no matter how realistic they are." Arthur said, Merlin nodding in agreement.

Jake nodded. "When the Squips took over the system, they added some glitch that trapped you in the game. All the pain is real, all the death is real." He turned to look at them. "Please don't die."

Both boy's faces were considerably paler when they nodded. This was gonna take some getting used to for them.

"Just try not to attract any Squips. With him injured, if we get attacked, we're fucked." Jake said, sending an apologetic look to them.

"Yeah, we got it. Don't attract anyone."