Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla

Start from the beginning

"Listen, love. I need you to calm down."

"I am going to kill him!!"

"Where did you all see Layla last time?"

"She was going to grab her phone from the room so she could text you, handsome, about the time we were leaving. We left The Palm Willow Resort Restaurant and headed to the movie theater."

Just as we were about to search for her, Layla stepped off the elevator. When she saw us, she came over. "What are you guys doing here?"

Ryan tells her, "We thought you were kidnapped, Layla."

"Layla, the guy that asked for your autograph and paid for your dinner is the same guy who assaulted Kamea and is stalking her. He wants you too. I'm so sorry, Layla."

She started crying. "Who knows what he is going to do with my name on that napkin? Why me?!!"

"Cris, when Kamea's bodyguard comes for a visit, we need to chat immediately. Layla needs one, and soon!"

"Layla honey, where were you?"

"I was stuck in the elevator after I got my phone. I couldn't call or text anyone because there was no service in there. Maintenance for the spa just finished fixing it. I'm sorry for scaring you all."

"Thank goodness you are safe now. But believe me when I say Chase will not give up in his pursuit of both you and Kamea."

Marco added, "Cris is right. You are now on his radar."

"Layla, do you want to stay or go back to the house? If you would like to stay, we are staying with you. No one will be touching any of you," Val reassured Layla.

"This place is open 24/7, so Ryan, Marco, Cris, and I can buy some clothes."

"I would like to stay as long as you all stay with us."

"You got it. Let's head over to the mini-mall. I'm paying."

Then, we all followed Val. When he talks, everybody listens. Well, everyone except Chase.

Chase's POV

I was about to snatch her but heard male voices. The only ones I recognized were Cris and Mr. Toscano. "Drat."

Ryan - "He will not come near you again. I hope Kam's bodyguard, Jake, knows someone to be you and Braelyn's bodyguard. She was scared for you, so how about we call her?"

Layla - "Okay. Let's call my baby girl."

Smart move, Ryan, to get my girl a bodyguard. But that won't stop me. I wonder how did they know it was me? It must have been Cris' wife.

Time to send Cris a message.

Cris' POV

Kamea had a tight grip on my left arm. Layla had a tight grip as well on Ryan's arm. I heard the default ringtone I use for people I don't know. It was from an unknown number. I already knew who it was, though.

Unknown - "Tell Ryan he is fortunate that he got to Layla before I did because I was just about to snatch her. Otherwise, Layla would be under me, enjoying the pleasure of a real man. See ya."

I need to call Jake now. I dialed his number." "Real men don't harass a woman, period."

Jake - "Hey Cris, how is Florida treating you?"

Cris - "Before I answer that, how soon can you come to Florida? I will send the jet to you. Bring whoever you need with you."