How That Taste

When I woke up the next morning, I laid rewinding last night's events as I stared at the ceiling. None of it made sense. Alex's hostility. Kehlani's anger. I've never seen either of them act like that. 

 I already made up ,y mind to go to work today so I lifted myself  up, ignoring the soreness I felt from sleeping on the couch and continued with my morning routine. After coming out the shower, I made my way to the kitchen where breakfast was awaiting me. Hayley sitting at the table, scrolling through her phone. I, awkwardly, sat next to her. 

 "Wow breakfast looks great, Lex! " 

She barely looked at me as she spoke, " You going to her office today?"

I sighed, "That's my job..."

She scoffed and finished the rest of her coffee before grabbing her stuff and walking out the door without another word to me. 

 I stared at her back as she left and bit back tears. That was my best friend and she couldn't even stand the sight of me. I didn't bother finishing my breakfast and left to catch the bus to the office. 

 When I reached the office, I gathered my composure and prepared myself to face Kehlani. The desk attendant let me know Kehlani was already in a meeting. Even though I don't remember there being a scheduled meeting, I ignored it and got right into my usual work tasks. 

 Two hours had passed and I had finished my work and cleaning around the office and I still hadn't seen Kehlani. The door opened before I could knock and out came an extremely familiar face. 

 "Shaina, damn, I'm so glad you're back. We have to go out tonight and catch up more" 

Wait. Shaina? I took a better look of her. Curl, black hair? Inked up arms? One single dread at her nape? Yeah, that's Shaina. That's the girl I skipped out on and almost slept with. 

 Kehlani's arms were around her and she had the biggest smile on her face. I stayed where I was too shocked to even speak. 

Kehlani noticed me first, " Drew, I had no idea you were here. Have you been waiting long? " I nodded "no" silently and she quickly came up to me grabbing my hand in hers "Did you get my voicemail? I'm sorry, Drew" 

I caressed her hand with mine and leaned my forehead on hers, "It's okay. You're okay, Kehlani. "

She smiled weakly, "I love you"

"I love yo-"

" And who might this be?"

 I forced myself to make eye contact with Shaina and was met with her smirk and knowing eyes. She knew exactly who I was.  

Kehlani laughed, so oblivious and answered, "My fault! Shaina meet Drew, my girlfriend slash private assistant" She turned to me, " Drew, this is my best friend Shaina. She just came back from an art tour in Spain"

 I forced myself to look pleasant, "Nice to meet you..."

I reached out my hand and she shook with a firm grip,that reminded me of where those long fingers once were. When she bit her lip, I knew she remembered it too. I quickly tore my hand away and fake sneezed into my elbow. 

I looked down, "sorry" 

Kehlani scrunched her eyebrows at me, "Babe, are you getting sick?" 

"Um, no? I'm not sure."

Shaina jumped up wrapping her long arms around both of our necks, "Good, because we are going out tonight. All of us. I just have to here how this happened. I got a few stories to share myself."

She looked at me and licked her lips, but Kehlani was on her phone a didn't notice anything. 

"Yeah, definitely. Right now , though, I'm working and so is she. So stop distracting my assistant and we'll meet you later at Senses."

Shaina chuckled, "Of course. My fault. I'll catch you later, Kay" 

When Kehlani said goodbye and picked up her phone to take a phone call, she turned to me and took my hand in hers. 

" It was nice meeting you too, Drew. I can't wait to get to know more about you. " She leaned in and whispered into my ear, " You still smell so sweet. Did you know I was coming?"

I took quick steps back and bumped into my chair, causing Kehlani to turn around. 

 Shaina transformed again right before my eyes and smiled, "Alright, I'm leaving see you tonight."

Kehlani promised we would talk more at lunch and then disappeared into her office. I sat at my desk contemplating a billion ways to get out of this, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be suspicious. 

I groaned and placed my face in my hands. Tonight was going to be hell.

******

Y'all I'm alive!! So sorry for this long awaited update!!! The past two weeks have been a mess, but I've settled down now. 

Drew's life is probably messier than mine , at this point. Do you think she should tell Kehlani? Do you think Shaina will tell? Um, but what about Hayley? Tell me your thought in the comments!

VOTE-COMMENT-SHARE <3

Love

Nat