Not Used To It

Kehlani gave me a week off to rest up after the plane flight. I decided to spend the week just hanging out with Alex, seeing as I've pretty much neglected her these past few weeks. When I told Kehlani this she practically threw a tantrum about how "Alex was trying to steal her girl", which is also why these past few days Kehlani has been ringing my phone incessantly and leaving voicemails that threaten my sanity. I promisd Alex it was just going to be me and her this week.

 Right now, we were in the mall window shopping and catching up. 

I was on my phone when Alex peered over at me, "Another voicemail?"

I sheepishly grinned at her, "Yeah...I try to ignore them, but her baby voice is so damn cute!", I gushed.

Alex rolled her eyes at me and grumbled, "Well call her back if you have to."

Instead of asking about her change in mood, I just turned my phone off and linked arms with her, "I don't have to do anything. I promised this week was just going to be us and I don't make promises I don't keep"

 She smiled at me and put her arm around me, "Good. Cause you're all mine..." She lowered her eyes and grumbled,"At least, for today anyway"

I bumped her, " You know I'm all yours everyday. You're my best friend. Nothing, No one is going to change that."

She gave me a smile that barely reached her eyes, "I love you Drew". She threw my hair in my face, "Even though, you are so unbelievably cheesy! You know I'm lactose intolerant.", she joked.

"Alex Hayley Kiyoko, real mature! You just love to kill moments, don't you?" She got real quick when I used her full name. 

"Shut up, Andrea!" We went back and forth acting like children in the mall till we were stopped by a security guard who told us to quiet down. I was glad my Alex was back though. She had been acting like that for awhile, but it was probably just because we hadn't been talking as much as we used to. I won't lie, I've missed this as well.

We spent the rest of the day in the mall acting like grown children and trading stories. When we finally arrived home, we ordered some Thai food and put on our favorite show, Scandal.

"Girl Talk! Alex...any new women in your life?"

She reached and fixed a braid, "Well, there is on-"She was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Must be the food. Tell me when I get back?"

"Y-yeah of course. Now hurry up and get my pineapple rice" 

"You are so hungry!" When I reached the door, I wondered why they didn't just ring the doorbell.

As I opened the door and reached into my wallet for the cash to hand to the delivery person, "You know there is a doo-"

"Oh My God, Drew! Why haven't you been picking up the phone? Or replying to my texts?"

I stalled and finally looked up, " K-kehlani! Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Drew. I've been calling you and texting and I was worried. I came to check if you were okay. "

"My phone was off. I was going to c-" 

"She was busy. " All of sudden, Alex was behind me.

"Alex what are yo-"

Kehlani spoke up, " So this is the famous Alex, huh?"

I shut up. Obviously no one was going to let me finish a sentence.

"In the flesh. And you must be...Kailey?"

Kehlani jaw was working, "It's Kehlani. Drew's girlfriend"

I could practically touch the venom in both their voices when they both spoke. I was so confused by what was happening here. 

"Yeah, well Kailey? I'm Drew's best friend and she was busy with me today. She didn't have time to hit all your fu*king calls back. She has a life, you know?"

Kehlani hit the window pane causing me to flinch at the loud noise, Alex pushed me behind her and got in Kehlani's face. 

"What the fuck was that? You ever even think about laying a hand on her and I'll end you."

Kehlani was obviously shocked ... and guilty, "I d-didn't mean it like that. I-i'm .. Drew, come home with me. Please."

 My hands were shaking. I know Kehlani would never hit me, but the noise... It was too real and too close. 

"...Kehlani, I live here. Go home, I'll see you at work tomorrow"

"B-but Drew-"

Alex shut the door in her face, and turned around to look at me. 

"Drew, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just a little shaky"

Alex cussed under her breath. "You're not going to work tomorrow. You have to quit. She's dangerous."

"Alex, I'm going. She didn't mean to. Kehlani would never hurt me. like that"

"You're seriously defending her right now? What the f*ck, Drew?"

I whispered, "I love her"

Alex got quiet, "You sure know how to pick 'em... Whatever. Do what you want. I tried."

She walked away from me and into her room slamming the door shut. 

I sat on the floor and put my head in my hands. Remembering Kehlani's words, I turned on my phone. I had so many missed calls  and texts all from Kehlani. They only made me feel worse. I had a recent voicemail from her, that I listened to.

 "Drew... I'm so so sorry. You know I would never... I would never ever do that to you... I'm sorry. " There was a bunch of sniffling and shuffling in the background," You don't have to come to work tomorrow. I understand. Just know, That I love you... good night."

-Voice mail ended

I groaned, "What the hell is going on with everybody?"

I walked to the couch, to drained to go to my room. I passed out on the couch.

Sometime later, Alex laid a blanket over my sleeping body. 

"When will you finally see me...you fool"

****

Y'ALL I'M GOING TO MY FIRST PRIDE TOMORROW AND I CAN'T BREATHE! Here is a drama filled update, I hope you enjoy!! 

Team #Drax or Team #Krew?? Lemme know in the comments!!! 

Thanks for reading!! We're at like 4K reads like WTF!! Thanks so muchh, Gaybies

Vote-Comment-Share 

Here and Queer,

  Nat