Distraction

(A/N I had no idea the picture was going to be so huge

(A/N I had no idea the picture was going to be so huge... Enjoy, tho ;))

I woke up multiple times during the duration of the flight. Everytime I began to get anxious or spooked by turbulence, Kehlani either sang to me or tried to distract me with stories about. However long I had been on the plan gave me time to learn so much more about Kehlani. She would never call her life tragic, just an experience she grew from. 

 My heart clenched hearing the story of how she lost both her parents so young. She has spent all her life in California, moving around to different cities in the state.  I moved to Cali from the east coast when I was 19 after a year of living on the street. The connection Kehlani and I had was undeniable  and it grew stronger every minute I spent with her.

 When woke up from a nap for the 14th time I was met with Kehlani's smiling face, "We're here Drew!" 

I tried peering out the window, but I wasn't able to tell where I was still. 

"And where is that exactly" 

She laughed, "You'll figure it out at dinner" 

She officially had my curiosity peaked, I loved guessing games. As drove to the restaurant, I threw random places at her.

"Florida?Jamaica? The Bahamas? Haiti? Umm what is another vacation place?Omg Kehlani tell meee!" 

I lied. I hate guessing games. 

I pouted and pleaded with Kehlani till the car finally stopped and she told me to cover my eyes. 

"You are going to be the death of me, Kehlani Parrish"

She laughed and placed her hand on the small of my back, "Calm down and patiently wait for your surprise, babe."

"I've waited for like a gajillion hours! If that isn't patient..." 

I felt myself being lowered into a chair. 

"You can open your eyes now"

I opened my eyes and began to adjust to the amount of light around me. I was quick to take in my surrounding. Wait. It couldn't be. I quickly picked up the menu in front of me. 

"Kehlani Ashley Parrish. Are we in fucking Greece?"

I would know Ελληνικά from anywhere. All through high School I was obsessed with Greek culture. It started with Greek mythology, but quickly became a love for the culture as a whole. Modern and ancient. I must have told Kehlani that and she fucking remembered. 

She smiled at me, "Surprise" 

I quickly went to her seat and gave her the biggest kiss  I whispered on her lips, "Thank you so much, Keh" 

"That look on your face was thanks enough." 

I flushed, " I lov-I loved this surprise" I caught myself. I wanted to say those three words so much, but maybe it was too soon.