Green Light

The next two weeks had passed by without problems and the only thing that seemed to build was my attraction toward my boss. And maybe I was imagining it, but I swore it was reciprocated because some days the sexual tension in this office was unbearable. 

Kehlani had stepped out of the room to take a phone call, it seemed serious , I could hear the angry whisper from inside. I wanted to give her privacy but I really had to ask her about the business dinner tonight. 

So I put on my big girl pants and walked into the hallway.

"Hey Kehlani?"

A muffled, obviously angry voice blasted from the phone

 - who the fuck is that? are you fucking kidding me Kehlani? 

Kehlani, obviously exasperated, motioned for me to wait a minute and turned away.

" Lauren, that is no one and even if it was it wouldn't matter because were not together"

More muffled anger was heard, but I couldn't hear the rest of what was said.

"okay yeah yeah. I'm hanging up now Lauren "

With that Kehlani slammed her head against the wall and muttered something I couldn't hear. 

Genuinely concerned, I asked " Kehlani, are you okay?"

She weakly smirked at me 

"yeah I'm fine. Just the past won't let go, you know?"

"Yeah, I totally understand that"

She smiled at me again and ran her fingers through her hair

"Okay buiness time" She said this more to herself "What did you need?"

"I'm just wondering about the dinner tonight, is there any dress code I should follow?

"Well, it's formal. So I guess whatever you feel fancy in... I don't see that being hard for you. You always seem to dress nice." 

I was blushing. I didn't even need to look to know. She notices what I wear, that must mean something.

"I-uh-um- Thank you?" 

She chuckled and took steps toward me. If I wasn't blushing before I was definitely blushing now, we were so close I could smell her intoxicating fragrance and I swear to god my knees shook. 

"You're sexy when you're flustered" As she said this her eyes eyed my lips and she licked her own and then walked away like nothing happened. Like my girl below wasn't quivering for her to come closer. 

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"what the hell" That has to mean something

*****