Ms.Parrish

When I walked in, I don't know what I expected, but I sure as hell didn't expect this.

Before sitting behind a large desk ,with their feet on top, was supposedly the CEO of Flora Living, Kehlani Parrish. I say supposedly because the women sitting behind the desk was young-maybe my age, 24, rugged-looking, and lastly sexy as hell. I have re-ran this situation through my head a million times the past couple of day, but it didn't pop into my head that my new boss would be this fine. 

I must have been staring because I heard a cough and looked up to see her smirking at me.

"Ms.Garcia?"

I gulped and readjusted my skirt, that all of a sudden was too tight.

"Um, yeah. I mean yes. That's me" Inwardly face palming,  I walked up to her desk to avoid anymore awkward mishaps and stuck out my hand as well as my best smile.

"I'm Drew Garcia, nice to meet you, Ms-"

She reached her hand out and gave me the firmest hand shake that sent a thrill of electricity down my spine causing me to shiver. I wonder if she felt it too.

"-Parrish. I'm Kehlani Parrish, your new boss, but I'd presume you already knew that"

She chuckled at that and I felt my knees wobble. Her smile would be the death of me.

I smiled and looked down noticing  we were still holding hands 

" I did..."

I think she noticed this , pulled her hand away and got up to pull out a chair for me.

As I sat down, she began to ask me questions.

"So Drew- can I call you Drew" I quickly nodded, ignoring the clench between my legs as she said my name. 

"So Drew-"she stopped and smiled "what do you expect from working here?"

Huh? Another interview? I guess it makes sense being our first meeting of each other.

"Honestly? I don't know what to expect now..."

She quirked her brow "Really? and why is that? "

I blushed and looked down "Well, no offense, but I didn't expect... you. I had a totally different image of Flora and you kinda just shattered it." 

My eyes wandered to the tattoos poking from her  white colored blouse and I had to check myself to make eye contact again.

"Well, I'm not surprised. Flora Living  seems to have made a personality of itself even without me." 

She stood up and moved to the seat next to me "I appreciate your honesty though"

"So I'll just give you a rundown of what your job is going to be here. So I know you applied for assistant, but you'll be more like my personal assistant. Of course, I'll have you take care of some office things, but most of my use for you will have to do outside of the office. Is that fine with you?" 

It wouldn't be fine for my sanity, the mere scent of her is driving me up a wall, "yeah, fine with me"

"Okay good. So now I'll tell you about me so no ones taken by surprise. In time you'll be really in my private life, something that very few have been apart of and because of that I'm requiring you to explicit confidentiality. Say nothing to the press, especially now because they will got to you for info. Understand?

"Of course"

"Also I'm openly queer, so if you have a problem with that now would be the time to say something..." She said this as if she was bored 

I chuckled " That's definitely not a problem" She smirked at me and I choked at how that must have sounded "I mean,  I identify as queer too , so no judgment here" 

"okay, good. Now that that is out of the way pass me your phone."

I quickly scrambled for in my bag, unlocked it and handed it to her.

"I'm just giving you my number and address. If I need to get to you it'll probably be by phone. Also, your hours won't be long, but they will be sporadic. Sometimes I need help at night. 

She handed back my phone and I slipped it back into my bag.

"yeah that's cool. I'm a night owl anyway." I cringed at my attempt of a joke, but stopped when I realized she was actually laughing. 

"Oh you're funny! We're going to be good together. I haven't had a secretary in a while" At this she looked down, but the moment of silence lasted shortly. 

"Well that was orientation. You can stay and work with me if you want?"

Not wanting to waste the day away , I agreed. She gave me a desk near hers and put me to work. We chattered, randomly, but learned about each other. She asked about my family and I was honest in saying that we don't really talk, something that I have recovered from a long time ago. She told me why she never spoke to the media. It wasn't a big deal to her, she just didn't feel the need to. 

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to her saying my name 

"Drew?"

"Omigod, I so sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep!" I can't believe it's my first day and I'm already slacking

" You're fine! It late anyway. I'm just waking you up because I'm bout to leave" 

"Oh okay. Sorry again." I looked at the time. Fuck. I missed the bus. 

She must have noticed my frown because she asked what the problem was. 

"Ugh, I missed the bus. I didn't even realize it was that late" 

"That's my fault, let me give you a ride."

A part of me cringed at having to ask this of her, but there really was no other option

"really? thanks so much" 

On the way down, I noticed we seemed to be the only ones in the building and very briefly not very workplace appropriate thoughts crossed my mind.

When we got to the parking lot, she pulled out her keys and pressed a button. I was about to ask what that button does when a bright yellow car pulled up and stopped in front of us. 

I gawked when I saw that no one was in the drivers seat. 

She laughed as she opened the door for me.

"Money can buy the future, it seems" 

The ride to my place was filled with comfortable silence  aside from the occasional directions I gave. 

When she pulled up in front of my apartment complex, I thanked her with a hug and began to walk to the door. 

"Drew!"

I turned at the sound of my name.

"I forgot to mention, that two weeks from now Friday I need you to be my date to a business dinner. I'll pick you up at 7?" 

"Sure!"

I turned around and walked inside quickly so she couldn't see the beaming smile on my face. I've know her for barely a day and I'm already crushing, I have no idea how I'll make the rest of the time. Regardless, I enjoy spending time with her and against my better judgment I'm not going to  try to act otherwise.

**** 

When I finally entered the apartment, I avoided Alex's bombard of questions as best as possible and knocked out as soon as I hit the bed.

*****

DOUBLE UPDATEEE?!!? WHAAAA? I'm just trying to lay the plot down then I'll start scheduled updates .

Much Love and peace

NC