The man falls to his hands and knees with a scream, sweat glistens on his forehead and makes his jet black hair stick to his face

The man falls to his hands and knees with a scream, sweat glistens on his forehead and makes his jet black hair stick to his face. He leans back, panting as he sits on his heels, wiping the dirt and gravel from his palms onto his leather pants. Momentarily, he glances up at the black sky.

Wiping the blood that had dripped from his nose with his thumb, he stands. Looking around, he spots a girl. She's wearing a pink cardigan, tight blue jeans, and a white ruffly shirt. Jungkook could barely see this though, because there was a man twice her size pinning her against the wall, rubbing his grimy hands all over her small body.

When she started screaming out for help, the man planted his huge hand over her mouth, almost silencing her screams.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, 'She must be the one,' he thought to himself. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket, he walked towards the man, keeping his head down until he got right up behind him, tapping him on the shoulder.

The man noticed the tap, grunted, waved his hand to tell Jungkook to go away, and went back to assaulting the girl.

Jungkook sighed, rolling his eyes before tapping again. This time, the man turns around, keeping one hand around the girl's neck so she can't run away.

"Kind of busy here, fuck off." the man said.

Jungkook makes an understanding face, nodding his head and making an 'O' shape with his mouth before taking his hands out his pockets and calmly punching the man straight across the jaw.

The huge man stumbles under the severity of Jungkook's punch, although Jungkook was much smaller than him. He rests his back on the brick wall of the alleyway, a hand gripping his jaw as blood escaped his parted lips.

Jungkook takes a step toward the man, kicking him as hard as he can right below his big metal belt.

The man yells in pain, one hand on his crotch and the other on his jaw as he slides his back down the brick wall, laying on his side.

Jungkook took this opportunity to kick the man once, twice, and three times in the stomach. After he thought the man has had enough, he leans down, pointing his finger in the man's horrified and bloody face, "Don't fuck with anyone like that ever again or I'll be back and I won't be so easy on you." Jungkook threatens.

The man groans in pain as Jungkook stands back up, looking around for the girl. As he nears the edge of the alley, he sees her poke her head around the corner of the wall, a scared look in her eyes.

"Miss?" he asks in a fake-soft voice, "Come out, please. I'm not going to hurt you."

She steps out to the side, her tiny hands clasped in front of her tightly. A curl of honeygilded blonde hair falls forward over her shoulder.

"I'm only here to help." Jungkook says, hoping to persuade the girl.

"I—," she stops briefly, "I was only out to get a pound of sugar from the shops. H--He was passing me and I...," she breathes in rigidly, "I thought there was something off about him. When we passed, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the alley. He pinned me down and put his entire body on me. I couldn't move." she says, dazed. "Thank you for saving me." she nods tightly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't have been sooner." Jungkook takes a step forward. "Have you gotten your sugar?" he looks around.

"No, I was on my way to the shop when it happened." she says, staring at Jungkook's shiny black shoes.

"I could escort you, if you'd like?" Jungkook asks.

"Oh, no. I don't want to be any trouble." she smiles warmly.

"You won't be, I was going that way anyway." Jungkook says.

"Well," the girl thinks it over, "Okay. I suppose so, then." she smiles.

"My name is Jungkook." he goes to shake her hand, but realizes it's splattered with the man lying unconscious behind him's blood. He drops his hand to his side and nods his head at the girl.

"I'm Gem." she says.