"I'm Tired!"

At the compound. 

I was sitting in the inner courtyard at the bar with a drink in my hand. 

I took a sip of it and heard footsteps behind me. 

Nik "are we okay?"

Me "What do you think?"

Nick "Love-"

i downed my drink and stood up  "what do you expect after what you told me? after what you did to me?"

Nik "are you okay?"

I shook my head "I'm tired. I'm just tired"

Nik "i'm sorry"

I shook my head "I don't wanna talk about it"

Then I walked past him but he stopped me. 

Nik "i never meant to fe-"

 I asked hurt "Then why did you do it?"

Nik shook his head "Your brother wasn't who you think he was"

I asked irritated "oh really? who was he?"

Nik "he was a traitor and he needed to be stopped"

I shook my head "i know you hated him for leaving me with my father but this..? "

Nik "he was searching for a way to kill me"

I shook my head "he would never to that. He loved me"

Nik "but he hated me more"

I asked irritated "so you killed him because you suddenly cared about what he thought of you?"

Nik "i killed him because i found out the truth about him. He wasn't innocent when Mikael came for us"

Me "i thought he was dead, Nik. he couldn't have known i got turned into a vampire, he couldn't have known you and i were a couple. "

Nik nodded "but he did. Your brother was sick in the head, love"

I shook my head "and you expect me to believe you?"

Nik "why do you think did your father abuse your mother?"

I shrugged "because he was aggressiv- i don't know"

Nik "Jensen was a bastard, like me"

I froze "you're saying that my mother cheated on my father with another guy and got pregnant?"

He nodded. 

I asked irritated "Are you even listening to yourself, Nik?"

He nodded " Your father found out that Jensen wasn't his flesh and blood and that's why he abused your mother"

I shook my head "that doesn't explain nor does it justify why you killed my brother?"

Nik "Your brother wasn't your father's son but he and your father were too similar in some ways. They were both possessive"

I looked at him confused. 

Nik "When Rebekah told Genevieve to lead Michael to New Orleans...she didn't know that Mikael was already on his way. Jensen told Mikael that we were in that Operahouse, he lead Mikael there"

I shook my head and sat down on the sofa "no, he would never do that"

Nik nodded and sat down on the table across from me "Your brother was the reason i had to leave you, he was the reason your sister died. He's the reason i left you, Ariana, the reason you turned your feelings off, the reason you got tortured, everything happened because of him"