"I'm Begging You"

I sat down on the edge of the bed. I heard a knock on the door.

Nik "love, can i come in?"

I didn't answer.

I burried my face in my hands.

Another knock.

Nik begged"Love, please"

I could hear the door slowly open and close.

Nik walked to me and kneeled down in front of me "Love, look at me"

I didn't move.

Nik "please, love"

He grabbed my wrists and slowly pushed them down.

I looked at him. His face fell when he looked at me. Who can blame him, tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Nik sighed.

Me "you lied"

Nik "Love-"

I shook my head "You stood there promising me i won't ever lose you. And not even 24 hours later you decide you wanna die!"

Nik "Elijah's gonna live"

Me "If we find a cure. There's a chance you're gonna be locked in that stupid pendant for nothing"

Nik shook his head "don't say that"

Me "What do you want me to say instead, Nik? Do you want me to agree on your dead wish? because that won't happen, mate"

Nik "Why can't you accept that, love? for once accept something you don't like"

My jaw dropped and i stood up. I took a few steps away from him. He stood up.

Me "you did not just say that?. How many times have i accepted stuff you did wich i did not like at all. Remember when YOU knocked up another woman? I accepted the fact the love of my life knocked up another woman after years of not coming back for me. I accepted your whole family's being! I accepted your excuse of parents! I accepted the fact that it was your brother turning my little sister into a bloody vampire! I accepted that your father killed her in front of my eyes before you all left this town! I accepted that one of the closest guys in my life killed Davina! I accepted that Elijah killed Marcel! someone who was like a brother to me! I accepted that you go and sacrifice yourself to Marcel AFTER you asked me to marry you. I accepted all this because i love you, Nik! So don't you dare to stand there and ask me to accept something i don't like"

Nik had tears in his eyes as well.

I sobbed "i'm here, Nik, even after everything your family did to me! Because i love you! We're engaged for God's sake, Nik! You asked me to spent the rest of my life with you! I won't be able to do that when you are locked inside that stupid pendant! How can you make that decision out of nowhere? How can plan a future with me when there's no future for you?"

Nik sighed "Love-"

My voice cracked "I'm begging you, don't go, don't do this"

Nik took a deep breath.

 I shook my head, sobbing "don't do this to me, Nik, please"

Nik couldn't look me in the eyes.

His voice cracked  "I'm so sorry, love"

Then he walked out.

 I broke down on the ground crying.

---------

There was a soft knock on the door. The door opened. I heard someone coming towards me.

Then i felt little arms around me.

Hope asked worried  "why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

I looked up at her. She wipped my tears away.

Me "I'm fine, love"

Hope shook her head "i don't believe you"

Me "Remember when you said in the morning that you wanna find someone who loves you as much as you daddy loves me?"

She nodded.

Me "Don't do that. You're just gonna end up hurt"

Hope "did daddy hurt you?"

Me "He's trying to save us, love. He's doing everything in his power to keep us, you and me, this family save"

Hope "then why are you crying?"

Me "To safe us he has to do something that's hurting me. "

Hope "does he not know that it hurts you?"

i nodded "he knows."

Hope "Then why is he doing it?"

Me "Because he loves me, us, so much that he has to do something that'll hurt us to save us"

Hope hugged me "you can sleep in my bed if you want"

I chuckled sobbing "thank you, princess"

Later.

I woke up because of screaming. I looked beside me and saw Hope sleeping. I got out of the bed and walked ou of her room.

I walked into the living room. I leaned against the door frame. Freya was sitting on the desk with a broken pendant in front of her. HAyley had tears in her eyes. And there was Nik.

Nik "i am asking you to try again. I know he's in there"

My jaw droped "E-Elijah's dead?"

Nik shook his head "he can't be"

He looked at Freya "Try again"

FReya tried again and nothing "i just need some time"

Her voice was shaking.

Nik "this is not happening. For a thousand years, my brother and i have walked this earth. Countless times, death has come for us and countless times, we've denied her. He's not gone! He can't be"

FReya sobbed and tried again.

Suddenly i felt little arms around my waist.

I sighed.

Hope "what is that?"

Hayley "go back to bed, sweetie, i'll be therein a second"

Hope walked to FReya and put a hand on her shoulder.

Freya then looked at Hope "did you see that? Did you feel it?"

Hope "uncle Elijah. He sounds so far away"

Hayley put her hands on Hope's shoulders "he's in there. You heard him, right?"

Freya "Yes, i heard him. He's somewhere inside, but.."

Nik "but what?"

Freya "his voice sounds disorted, broken, like radio static and i just heard..his screaming."