Switched Positions

Next day.

I walked down the stairs and saw Nik on the end of them

Me "Nik?"

I was still a little bit shaky after last night.

Nik "i need you to go with Elijah, Hope and Hayley to the Bayou"

Me "What will you be doing?"

Nik "I have to make sure my daughter is safe"

Me "Let me help you"

Nik shook his head "You need to be safe, love. please. I won't ask again"

I sighed but nodded.

I walked to him, kissed his cheek and walked out of the mansion.

At the Bayou.

Hope and i were walking to MAry's cabin while Hayley and Elijah were behind us talking some lovestuff.

Hope knocked on the cabin door. Mary opened the door.

Hope smiled happy "Grandma MAry!"

Mary "Well, hello, sweetheart. Oh, my girl"

She huged her.

Hope "i picked you some flowers"

Mary then saw Elijah and Hayley behind us.

Mary " Honey darling, why don't you run on inside. I need to talk to your mama and your future step mama. "

Hope walked inside "Didn't know you were bringing him."

Hayley sighed"Mary, come on."

Mary " Vampires aren't welcome. You and Ariana are the exception. Rules of the house."

Elijah nodded" I'll leave you three."

Then he walked away.

Hayley " Seriously?"

Mary " You know how I feel. Our kind winds up dead when they're around. Yesterday, we lost Lara. I wake up to hear there's been some kind of occult massacre in the woods. Let me guess Mikaelsons are involved."

Hayley " That's why we're here. I want to talk about what really caused that massacre last night. All we know is this cult wanted to sacrifice children. "

Me "Somehow Lara got caught up in it, and when she tried to get out, she couldn't, and she killed herself."

Mary "That doesn't make sense. Someone is recruiting Crescents into a cult?"

Hayley " That's what I need you to look out for, Mary, Anything strange. These people obsess over specific imagery. It's a serpent eating its own tail."

Mary " What'd you say?"

Hayley " A serpent. Like a dragon. When Hope was affected, she drew some. Here."