Another Party?

Next day. 

I walked into the mansion

I walked into the mansion. I raised an eyebrow when i saw people carrying decorations around. 

I looked up and saw Nik looking at me. 

Me "When i left, in the morning, this wasn't happening. Are we seriously throwing another party?"

Nik nodded "One that will be attended by New Orleans' most influential creatures"

Me "You do realize that you are not the most liked person in town"

Nik "But they love you and Marcel, love. And you and him are the cohosts"

My jaw droped "Marcel? No. You are not setting him free"

Nik "Tonight, we celebrate our truce"

I raised an eyebrow at him "so, a fake party for a fake truce?"

Nik nodded and walked downstairs to me. 

Nik "Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters. Besides, i'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with the Hollow"

Me "how are you feeling, by the way? "

Nik gave me a soft smile "I'm fine, love. Don't worry"

Suddenly they brought in a big ice block. 

Me "Don't tell me you are going to form this into a masterpiece?"

Nik smiled and took a blade out "Have faith, love"

I rolled my eyes. 

Then he started to cut and form the ice block. 

After a while he was done. I smiled and looked at the piece in front of me. It was the Fleur de lis symbol. 

I kissed Nik on the cheek "It's beautiful, Nik"

Nik smiled at me. 

Suddenly Elijah walked insdide "Well, you've outdone yourself. "

Nik "i'm inclined to agree. It's such a shame these lovely linens will soon me red with blood"

Elijah "Violence must only be seen as a last resort, or it will only weaken our postion"

Nik "Yes, well, i'm a creature of very specific habits. "

Elijah took the knife out of Nik's hands and warned "Brother, please remember, the plan tonight is to create a false sense of security. A little music, a little champagne, some stealthy reconnaissance. No bloodshed"

Nik smirked. 

Elijah "do we understand each other?"

Night.