35

ISABELLE'S POV

Last day of school.

People sticking like glue to their friends like they'd never see each other again, laughter was everywhere, most people didn't even care about the final English paper that we wrote today, it all seemed like a time to exchange numbers and talk about our plans for the holidays.

And then there was Dean, surrounded by people, his friends. That felt so weird to say, he's become so different lately, he talks a lot. A LOT. He's always seen with people and there's even this fake rumour going around that he's dating Cat.

We're still friends but he talks to most people way more than he talks to me. I know that Dean put it out there that I hurt him but he should still remember how he hurt me as well.

Dean caught me staring and smiled at me, I being a loyal friend smiled back. No one knew what the chain of silence was that surrounded me and Dean's friendship some tried to figure it out a few times but failed.

Still staring at him, he got up from where he was, away from his friends to walk up to me. "Hey." He said.

"Hi." I replied.

"So it's last day of school."

I nodded looking around me not knowing what else to do. "You've become really silent recently."

"Well you've become really loud." I said.

"Right." Dean chucked then said, "You've also been staring at me a lot recently."

"So have you." I countered even though I knew that was usually the first one to stare.

Dean chuckled again. "Right."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well my grandma is doing some stuff  this holiday and I'm going to be going to her house a lot."

"Good for you." I said.

Dean gave me the are you serious look and I shrugged, I knew what he was aiming for but I wasn't taking him there. I'm not going to your grandma's house to see you Dean. Nope. Nada. End of story.

"The point is you should come visit sometimes."

"I actually have some stuff to do as well." I said copying the way he said some stuff.

"Anything I can help you with?"

"No, I have it covered."

I got up from where I was sitting ready to walk away to meet Vina and Dean grabbed me by the arm.

I stopped my movements and faced him, his arm in particular as it caressed me. "That's not in your imagination Isabelle."

I dragged my arm away from me immediately my heart began to misbehave. He can't just flirt with me like this, there's an unwritten law!

"What are you trying to do?"

"You have pretty eyes." Dean smirked, I honestly wanted to hit him. "You smirk a lot." I said.

"I smirk at you the most."

"Are you dating anyone?"

"Not that I'm aware of."

"Cat?"

"She's a friend."

"So you're single?"

"Pretty much."

"Do you like anyone?"

"Maybe."

"Who?"

"I'm not going to tell you."