18

It turned out that 'Drake,' Isabelle's so called best friend was in Cat's class, I didn't say a word to her and when she told me about Drake, I couldn't care less. "Okay everyone! I got some junior students to help me in marking so your scores are all here!" Israel, our biology teacher announced. I turned to Isabelle who looked thrilled by the announcement.

"Vina please share these..." Vina stood up, collecting the papers. I watched Vina move from seat to seat, a small smile on her face. Her smile dropped when she reached a particular one,  Isabelle.

"Why are you frowning Vina?" Isabelle asked. "Anything happen?" Isabelle snatched the paper from Vina and stuck out her tongue.

Vina looked at Isabelle, then at me before facing Isabelle again. "You're such a cheat."

"Excuse me Mr. Israel?" A junior student walked into the class taking everyone's attention.

"Call me Israel, any problem?"

"Um... I'm looking for Dean Adams?"

The while class looked at me. My head perked up, what did I do? 

"Any problem?" Israel asked.

"I dunno, the principal's looking for him and-" His speech was cut of by Mr. Robin who stood at the door. "Dean!" He used his eyes to scan the class for me.

"Dean the principal's office now, your mom's here."

Okay...

I stood up nervously and the class looked at me scared. What the hell is wrong with them?  I didn't kill someone, why are they all looking at me as if I'm the first person to get called into the principal's office?

I walked out of the class head high with Mr. Robin behind me. Ever since the day he flirted with Mrs. Reece and I cleared my throat, I was put in his list of bad students.

Also,  I spoke in his class telling him that Isabelle was sick then he goes ahead and changes my seat partner saying that I am a 'bad influence.' What makes our relationship worst is Isabelle came back to sit with me.

He must think that I'm a disrespectful,  rebellious teenager under the disguise of a quiet boy who speaks to no one.

"Your mom's worried about you, I'm guessing she doesn't know about your change." Change? 

"Oh stop acting like you don't talk, we both know that you do."

Excuse me? 

I entered the principal's office and Mr. Robin entered behind me.

"Dean!"

Inside was the principal as expected, my mom and Mrs. Reece, how lovely! 

I smiled at the principal for cheering my name then took a sit away from my mom, she didn't look happy.

"I'm going to go straight to the point because you probably have class going on. Now, your mom pays for your counseling with Mrs. Reece because the school asked her to."

"Not like you need the counseling." My mom interrupted.

"Now, the school has a counsellor, obviously but Mrs. Reece was voted as best teacher last year so what better person to lecture you than her, huh? "

I turned to Mrs. Reece with a glare, best teacher and worst wife. "Then it's come to my notice that you've been avoiding Mrs. Reece counsel meetings with you, why?"

What does this have to do with Mr. Robin being here? As if reading my mind... "Mr. Robin was there at your last meeting with Mrs. Reece. Tell us what happened Mr. Robin."

"He was completely rude and disrespectful, interrupted me as I spoke to Mrs. Reece."

"The boy doesn't talk, how could he interrupt you?"

"By clearing his throat each t-" My mom cut him short. "Let me correct you sir, my son Dean talks. He talks a lot. Maybe not in school but at home,  he does. I don't know what grudge he has but if Dean's not attending his counsel meetings then I shouldn't be paying for trash."

I looked at my mother who was getting pissed off. I bowed my head down in fear of what she was going to say next. "Maybe you should advise Dean it receive his counseling."

"He doesn't need it." She turned to me. "Do you know how many people have walked up two me just to say. Hey Mrs. Adam's is your son dumb?"

A lot? 

"Do you know how frustrating it is too watch you annoy your sister at home but when you walk outside you turn mute?"

I'm not mute.

"You're not mute and it pisses me off so if you don't start talking in school then that's it, no more school! What are you going to do when you're working? Stare at them and read their minds?  Do you even think of how stupid not talking to anyone is?!"

"Actually..." Mr. Robin interrupted her and for once, I was glad.

"Dean has spoken in class one day." oh no. He can't. I glared at Mr. Robin.

He looked down at me and smiled. "And there's been a few rumors."

"Well I have been hearing rumors..." The principal said.

"What rumors?" My mom's suddenly change of mood surprised me.

"That he's been speaking lately, to someone in particular..." Mr. Robin looked at me trying to fish out a reaction, I gave him a straight face.

"Who?"

"A new girl." He replied.

"Isabelle?" Mrs. Reece spoke for the first time,  she looked surprised

Mr. Robin nodded confirming her suspicion. "Well I'd like to see this new girl." My mom said.

Mom please don't. My eyes begged her not to,  she simply glared at me. Well I guess glaring runs in the family.

"Mr. Robin do me a favor and get Isabelle."

A/N

Longest chapter so far, hit that star button and make me a happy girl 🙌! 

💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸

Pick your favorite: mom or dad? 

🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐