23

ISABELLE'S POV

"Your relationship is a passionate one with lots of love. A few obstacles in the way but your love overcomes them all, stay strong and keep hoping." Vina read out my results for a 'Does he like me?' quiz.

"Let's do another one!"

"But Isabelle... That was the eleventh one!" She complained. "Why are we even doing this?"

"To find out if Dean likes me and if we could end up together?" I said in a 'duh' tone. "And besides... That quiz didn't even tell me if Dean likes me."

"Hey check this one out!" Kendrix voice rang with excitement. "Do I like him?" He read.

"Oh that sounds good, click it!"

Vina groaned in annoyance. "This is pointless you can lie in the options and get the result you want."

"Shush!" I hushed her.

"Number one, do you stutter around him?"

"Yes."

"Okay... Number 2, how often do you stare at him?"

"All the time." I answered.

"Three, do you flirt with him?"

"No."

"Yes you do!" Vina yelled.

I turned to Vina. "I do not!"

"Uh... Does this ring a bell? Ha ha ha Dean you're so funny," Vina twirled with a strand of her hair. "Ha ha ha Dean!"

"I don't do that, how would you know?"

"I'm usually the third one to come to class so when I do,  I spy on you guys,  you should see her Kendrix!"

Kendrix laughed and ticked 'yes' on his phone moving on to the next question.

"And every time he walks in you laugh just to get him to notice you and you're always trying to look better these days. Isabelle..." Vina laughed. "You don't need an online quiz to confirm if you liked Dean, I can tell you, Kendrix can tell you. Hell, the whole school can tell you!" Vina bursted out into laughter and I glared at her.

"Well I'll kill you!"

"Ah!" She screamed as I launched for her. "I'll kill you!" I yelled.

I didn't care that Dean was watching me run around like a lunatic, I actually liked his attention. Vina was right, I'm screwed.

"What is going on here!" I turned back to see the principal and the entire class froze, literally.

"Uh... free period?" I blurted out.

"Isabelle..." Kendrix whispered behind me. "We don't have free period." Oh.

"Why isn't there a class going on?  Why's everyone using their phones? And why are there two girls running around like... like... like... this is a playground!"

Vina and I quietly and quickly went back to our seats. "Quickly, everyone! Arrange yourselves!  Pick around you! What is this? Kindergarten?!"

We all stood up to pick and the principal watched us. "Now who's supposed to be here?"

Kendrix quickly checked the timetable. "Mr. Robin!" I announced before him.

Kendrix turned to glare at me and I stuck my tongue out.

"That's it, everyone bring out a piece of paper and tell me your thoughts on Mr. Robin."

And that is how Grade 9C was about to get Mr. Robin in trouble. "Did I speak French or are you all deaf? Pen and papers out now!"

I didn't write any bad comment on Mr. Robin but I feared that Dean would. Dean hates Mr. Robin and I wouldn't be surprised if he took the opportunity to try getting the man fired.

"Dean collect the papers."

I watched Dean stand up and walk around collecting each paper before handing it to the principal, Dean noticed me staring at him and smirked. Oh crap.

He knows.

***

"He knows!" I cried to Vina on our lunch table. 

Vina rolled her eyes. "It was just a smirk Isabelle, Dean smirks a lot."

"No!" I shook my head in disagreement. "This wasn't the typical cocky Dean type of smirk this was the you like me and you can't stop staring at me type of cocky Dean type of smirk."

"What?" Kendrix joined in the conversation with his laughter. "What type of thoughts do you keep in your head Isabelle?"

I frowned at Vina and Kendrix. "You guys are enjoying this."

"Why the dull face Isabelle?" Drake walked to our table with a smile on his face. "Baby!"

"Dean knows." Kendrix said, I pinched him. "Ow Isabelle, that hurt!"

"Dean knows what?" Drake asked.

"That she likes him." Kendrix said.

"Wow..." Drake turned to me and I looked away. "Is that true Isabelle?"

"I don't know what you mean Drake."

"You don't know what I mean?"

I gathered guts to face him. "No I don't."

"Wait you guys were together?" Vina interrupted the tensed staring contest that I was having with Drake.

"I don't know anymore." Drake got pissed off and walked away making my frown deeper, he looked heartbroken.

"Care to share Isabelle?" Kendrix asked.

I bowed my head down the table in shame. "No."

"Hey look it's Cat!"

I lifted my head up from the table and tried to keep a smile on my face. "Does Cat know you like Dean?" Kendrix whispered to me.

I shook my head. "Should we...?"

I shook my head again, I didn't want Cat to know about Dean especially now that I know that she lied about him speaking to her.

"What took you so long?"

Cat took a sit besides me. "The principal came to my class and asked us to write comments on Mr. Robin and he decided to take thirty minutes of our break with him." After complaining she turned to me. "What's wrong with Isabelle?"

My head shot up. "I have a cold!"

"A cold?" Cat looked at me in disbelief.

"I...I..." I cleared my throat and rested my head again. "I have a cold."

"Well I have an art classwork to complete." Cat stood up carrying her snacks in hand. "Like visual art the subject? What are you guys doing?" I became interested.

"It's just to finish a painting nothing much."

"Can I come?"

Cat pretended to think about it for a while. "Uh... No you have a cold." She shrugged and walked away.

Kendrix watched Cat leave. "Okay Cat does not like you."

"I don't know what I did to her." I rested my head on the table again.

"I don't like Cat." Vina said.

"But you guys are friends."

"Only because of you, you made us closer before you came to this school I was only friends with Kendrix and his people."

"Grade 9A and C students don't get along but-" Kendrix got distracted and stopped talking.

"But what?" I asked.

"Don't look but Dean was just staring at you."

"What? Where?"

"I said don't look! And he already left."  Kendrix said.

"Liar." I accused him. "Dean doesn't even come to the cafeteria."

"Well..." Kendrix started. "Maybe he likes you!" Vina completed his sentence and we all laughed.