15

This chapter is dedicated to @xandra320 for constantly reading! 

DEAN'S POV

I was sitting on a chair during recess everyone one else was either at the cafeteria, outside or class but I liked to stay where no one would find me, close to the principal's office.

At times like when I was alone,  I'd like to think about my dad, replaying the incident of fourth grade in my mind. I'd think of what would happen if I saw him today. How I'll hit him repeatedly for ruining my high school life. Not like I had the power to beat him but in my mind, I had the physique of Dwayne Johnson so I'd always win.

"Hey."

That was not Isabelle's voice. So now what? Another crazy psycho wants to make me speak? I glanced back and saw a new student. He stood there with a wide grin on his face that I read as 'I don't know anyone around here so do us both a favour by being my friend.' 

He took a sit behind me and gave me that smile again. I rose my eyebrows. He doesn't give up, does he? 

"I'm a new student here in grade 9, my name's Drake, my mom's in the-"

Drake was cut of his words by me standing up and walking away. "Uh... bye?" I heard him say. I turned to look back at him with a glare but I bumped into someone.

"You."

Kendrix. What type of curse do I have on me today?  These people never approach me, they can't even look at me. If Isabelle's giving them stupid lectures, I'll pound her.

I glared at Kendrix before attempting to walk away.
"I saw what you did for Isabelle."
I stood still and turned back with a smirk on my face. Did he now? 

"I'm not going to tell anyone." He shrugged.

He's not?  Well, see you later Kendrix.

"Wait!"

I stopped walking. What now? 

"Do you like her?"

Seriously? "No."

Kendrix took a step back in shock, I rolled my eyes and walked away. About to exit the hallway another voice called my name.

"Dean!"

Seriously? Did Isabelle send her kind after me? 

I looked back and saw Cat. What does she want? We're not friends anymore.

"Hi..." She said awkwardly.

Honestly,  I didn't know what to do with her. She must have heard the rumors so she knows that I'm not 'silent' anymore and she also hangs out with Isabelle. But I won't, I'd never speak to anyone besides Isabelle.

"So you talked to Isabelle?"

I stood there blankly and waited for the point of this conversation to be reached. "Why?"

I kept a straight face. "What did she do that I didn't do?"

I can't go on about things Isabelle did that Cat didn't do but I won't. "Okay now you're smirking!"

I am? 

"Dean we were best friends."

Yeah, in preschool. I rolled my eyes.

"They just gave birth to you with all the bad attitude, didn't they?"

Okay that's it, I'm walking away.

"Wait, please."

I waited.

"Is there a chance that we can still be friends?"

I thought of the nicest way to say this to Cat.
"It was like a decade ago Caitlin, you didn't even know how to spell your full name that time,  you didn't even know what state you lived in, we were little kids doing stupid things do yourself a favour and move on."

A/N

Who remembers who Drake is?  His name has appeared in a previous chapter.

🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐

Complete this: never have I ever...?

💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸