31

DEAN'S POV

"You said that Isabelle came to school before you that day?" Kendrix asked, we were trying to figure out who the culprit was. Sitting next to him, people obviously stared at us in shock as they passed by all wandering how the hell I was speaking to Kendrix.

"Do you think she'll talk to me again?" I asked. Isabelle's surprisingly been the only one on my mind since yesterday. I couldn't help but miss her, she was like the only one I ever spoke to. "We're talking about Mr. Robin's car and you're thinking about Isabelle?" Kendrix said.

"She's your friend, isn't she? Beg her for me?"

"Excuse me?" Kendrix looked pissed. "Dean we were talking about Mr. Robin."

"Do you think I messed up? I mean... I left her crying at her house."

"Dean you kissed her, said that it meant nothing and said that she was nothing but annoying, that screams that you messed up!"

"She was the first to say that the kiss meant nothing not me."

"Well she lied and it was her first kiss, first kiss doesn't mean nothing."

"No it wasn't her first kiss, she-" It didn't take me a second to realize that she lied about that too. Crap, what have I done? I buried my head in my hands in guilt.

"Now back to Mr. Robin... Do you think that we could ask the principal for that book? Find out who could write like that?"

"I don't know but one clue is the person who did must have some deep hatred for me."

"Dean almost every guy in this school hates you." Kendrix said in a as a matter of fact tone. "You don't talk to the girls but you get all their attention."

"All except Isabelle."

"Can you stop talking about Isabelle?!" Kendrix yelled.

"Do you think that Isabelle would talk to me if she finds out that I can't stop  talking about her?"

Kendrix looked at me in disbelief. "Y-y-you've lost it."

"Lost it?"

"You like her."

"I do not." I denied, there's no way, I just miss my seat partner. Who's annoying as hell but I love her.

I meant love it not her. What the fudge is wrong with me? 

"Do you think that Isabelle likes me?"

"If you mention the word Isabelle one last time I'll punch you."

"Isabelle might still like me and I don't want to encourage her." I said.

"Dean stop talking about her."

"She..." I looked at Kendrix and smiled. "Isabelle."

"Dean..."

"Isabelle."

"Dean shut up!"

"No I mean Isabelle."  I gestured to the figure behind him and Kendrix turned around. "Isabelle!" He yelled.

"Kendrix what are you doing with him?"

With him? So what now, she can't say my name anymore I'm him now?

"He-" I cut Kendrix short. "I'm helping him find out who destroyed Mr. Robin's car, remember Isabelle?"

Isabelle ignored me and nodded. "Drake wants us to play a game."

Hearing the word Drake had me irritated, I decided to interrupt their conversation. "Isabelle hanging out with Drake won't make me jealous."

"What game?" Kendrix asked glaring at me through the corner of his eye.

"Never have I ever."

"Never have I ever kissed a boy except Dean." I said making it known to Isabelle that I was aware that I was her first kiss.

Isabelle turned to me with a glare. "I knew you couldn't resist me." I said.

"Dean shut up." Kendrix said to me trying hard not to laugh, Isabelle walked away in anger.

"See what you did?" Kendrix said.

"I bet twenty dollars that she'll talk to me if I run after her."

Kendrix chuckled. "Deal."

I got up from my seat immediately running towards Isabelle. "Isabelle wait!" Reaching forward, I grabbed her arm. "Let go of me!"

"What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you!" She yelled.

I looked around, people were pretending to be busy but they were actually trying to listen. "You spoke to me." 

"Well I'm not you." She spat out. Ouch.

"Okay, I get it, I'll stop but please..." I honestly didn't have the courage to say what I was begging her for.

Isabelle waited for me to finish my sentence. "Please what?"

"Please stop ignoring me."

I could tell by the look on her face that she was about to forgive me but when she opened her mouth to say something, she immediately changed her mind. "Just leave me alone Dean."