1

I love you.

The next text hit my phone at exactly. I love you? He obviously didn't think I'd respond to that, right? And as for what they say, people lack the guts to say in real life what they text. I didn't want him to think that he scared me away so I typed a quick reply.

No you don't.

I'm sorry for what I did.

I'm sorry has been the word driving me sick recently. Sick of saying it, sick of texting it and sick of hearing it.

Okay. I replied.

So are we cool?

Wow Drake so you say I'm sorry over text and expect everything to magically snap back being okay. Sure, we're great!

I think so...

What was I supposed to say?

Good,

Night luv.

Rolling my eyes and trying to forget that disturbing conversation, I placed my phone carefully in my bag. It was my first day in Eastwood High and it wasn't the time to think about an ex.

Ex- best friend NOT boyfriend.

At least that's what we were but I bet even a clueless person could tell that we were supposed to be more. My parents said that we needed a change. A change they said. Instead of 'a' change, we're moving.

The new house is too far from my old school so moving meant, new neighbours, new friends, and worse, new school.

I wasn't against the idea of a new school but I really liked my old school. I had my while high school year already planned out, I had goals planned out. I had friends, real friends and I had him. He was the best part of it, my bestfriend and we were about to become more...

I liked him, he did the same.

I confessed and so did he.

I was moving, he got angry and stayed behind.

Now, we've been texting, just texting.

I walked up to my bedroom mirror hoping that I'd like what I'd see and I did. But what am I supposed to do in a new school? What should I change about me? Style? Attitude? Hair? Smile? Character?

After doing multiple looks in front of the mirror, I just decided to stick with the old Isabelle. Me.

My mom's voice interrupted the pep talk that I was having with myself. "Hurry up Izzie!"

"Coming!" I answered, I quickly grabbed my school bag and ran downstairs.

"Dear God your hair's a mess Izzie!" My mom complained as she put on whatever bracelet she saw on her wrist.

Besides having different views in style about what's a mess and what's not, my mom was great. I liked my hair like this, it looks wild and sexy. Did I say sexy?

"I like it." I conplenented walking out of the house with my mom following behind me. "So my new school... what's it like?" I asked my mom opening the car door.

My mom got into the car and asked, "How many times will I say it? It's just like your old one and I'm friends with the principal you'll like it there Izzie."

"What if I don't like it?"

My mom smiled at me briefly before driving out of our driveway. "You will."