Twenty-eight (II)

Jia's POV (kamusta, JiBea?)

"Ready?" Bea whispers. Even if I've got a blindfold on, I could tell that she's standing really close to me. Her hands were placed gently on my waist as she supports me. I could almost feel her warm breath fanning my forehead. "I'll take your blindfold off and I want you to count up to three. Only then you could open your eyes. Got it, Love?"

Love. I smile at the thought. "Yes, Bei."

Naramdaman ko yung mga kamay nya na unti-unting tinatanggal ang pagkakabuhol ng takip sa mga mata ko.

When I felt that wala na akong takip, I mentally start counting.

One.

Two.

Three.

I slowly open my eyes and naramdaman ko agad ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso ko dahil sa babaing nakatayo sa harapan ko. Bea's smiling at me with her hands on her jeans pockets and I swear, everything at that moment felt perfect. The luminous dangling icicle lights makes her eyes sparkle, her beautiful face translucent at the playful lights.

Hindi ko maiwas ang pagkakatingin ko sakanya. I could look at her for the whole day and I know na hindi ako magsasawang titigan s'ya.

"Surprise, Love." She says as she gestures at the place behind her.

Napangiti agad ako pagka-kita ko sa tinuturo nya. It's the most romantic thing that I had ever seen.

 It's the most romantic thing that I had ever seen

It's a candlelit dinner near the lake. The lights on the trees giving it a more dramatic and romantic setup. There are also various lanterns on the wooden floor to add more light and drama to the place as if the beautiful view of the lake isn't more than enough.

Bea outstretchs her hand in front of me which I gladly accept. I let her guide me to my seat. She even helped me settled in my seat bago s'ya umupo sa upuan sa harapan ko.

"Bei.." I start, the smile not leaving my lips "I don't know what to say."

"To what?"

"I'm so overwhelmed by all of this." I breathe. "I don't even know why you asked me out on a date and kung bakit you did all these for me."

"You deserve this, Jia." She says softly.

I was about to ask her why when some employee walked in and asked if we would like them to serve the foods now.

"Yes, please. Thank you." Bea kindly smiles at the lady. It's her small gestures that makes me crazy for her eh. Hindi kasi s'ya yung typical na spoiled brat kahit na alam mong may sinasabi sa buhay. She was never one to brag her family's wealth or boast her achievements sa volleyball man o sa academics.

"Very well, Miss Isabel." The woman nodded and smiled at us before leaving us alone.

"Isabel pala ha," I say, liking how her name rolled smoothly on my tongue.