Forty (part one)

Maddie's POV

"Madz, palo!" Beatriz yells just as she sets the ball towards on my direction, ate Ly feigning a spike to cover me from the blockers.

I tip the ball softly with my fingers. It should've been a hard spike pero I saw how ate Ella positioned herself kung saan ko dapat papaluin ang bola kaya I ended up changing my approach the last minute.

It should've been an easy receive for Jho who was just inches away from where the ball landed if we weren't playing volleyball on sand.

"That was in!" Ate Ly argues with ate Amy who was role-playing as the referee. Di pa kasi n'ya kami inaawardan ng point for that last play.

"Chill, besh. I know that was in." Ate Amy chuckles, fixing our score. "Someone's competitive."

"Nice call, Madzilla!" Bea cheers, patting the top of my head. She even high-fived with ate Ly who patted me rin sa likod ko.

Yung totoo, what's with these two ba?

Natatawa na lang ako sa pagka-competitive nilang dalawa. Bakas din sa mga mukha ng mga kalaban namin na they're wondering why kung bakit sineseryoso talaga namin yung laro.

We should be playing by two's nga since it's beach volleyball pero tinawanan pa nila ako since we're not playing a formal match naman daw. They laughed at me pa eh sila nga 'tong naglalaro na parang regular match talaga.

"Another feint, Madz." Bea whispered as she passes by me towards the service line.

So far, Bea's our team's setter tapos palitan kami ni ate Ly kung sinong hahabol or papalo. Depende na lang kung sinong malapit ganun.

Bea serves the ball normally, after doing her rituals before serving. Tinarget na naman n'ya si Jho and I grinned as the ball bounced sa kamay ni Jho.

"One last point and we win." Ate Ly grins as we huddled. "Let's show them why we're room one."

Nagkatinginan na lang kami ni Bea because of what ate Ly had said then parehas din kaming natawa. "What the heck, Babba!"

"Okay, that was uncalled for pero it's just my competitiveness talking." Ate Ly laughs.

They're both crazy talaga, eh.

Bea returned to the service line again, holding the ball with one hand. She drops the ball to fix her ponytail and when she did, her body arched as she reaches for her hair tie, her sexy figure emphasized because she's just wearing a white baggy Ateneo shirt.

Ugh, shit. Partida naka-talikod pa yan ha.

Humarap na s'ya sa'min after fixing her hair. She casually wipes the sweat off of her face with the hem of her shirt, revealing her abs.

Trust Beatriz to always pull off a sexy swimsuit.

"Fly, you're drooling." Ate Ly whispers, smirking a bit.

"Huh?" Wala sa sarili kong sambit.

Ate Ly laughs. "Baka naman matunaw yung anak ko sa titig mo."

I purse my lips. "Kahit hindi lang naman ako yung napatitig?"

I just saw Jia blushed a little as she looks away from Beatriz. Napatingin din tuloy sakanya si ate Ly who just laughed. "Anak ko yan, eh. What do you girls expect?"

"Grabe talaga pa-abs ni Idol!" Mich yells, who was on the other side.

I raise my eyebrow as I see Jhoana still looking at Bea, looking so mesmerized.

"Bea." I call her out before she was about to serve. I signalled for her to set me the ball later.

She nods naman kaya I return my gaze back ahead.