Twenty-one

"Bei!"

A small smile made its way on my lips as I see Jia sprinting towards me with her usual cheeky grin. She's holding a big pretty box making me curious as I stare at it. My eyes lit up as I see what's inside. "Aw, you brought cookies!"

"I baked these with tita Det," she says proudly, grabbing a piece and shoving it in my mouth. "You're the first to try kaya dapat proud ka!"

"Ow," I chuckle softly, munching on the sweet treat. Pano ba naman kasi, sinalpak nya talaga sa bibig ko yung isang buo. "Hm, it's good. Just like Mom used to make. Sya lang talaga ata gumawa eh. Knowing you Ji, you just taste test it."

Jia blushes. "Alam mo ikaw, napaka-judgmental mo!"

"Ha, you blushed! I was right." I chuckle again, making her pout. "I'm just kidding, Ji. It's really good. Though I'm wondering why you baked cookies with my Mom."

"Di ka na naman daw kasi kumain ng breakfast." Jia frowns. "Alam mo ikaw, wala ka ng inatupag kundi studies, training, gym at jogging!"

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing, Ji." I chuckle softly. A week ago, hindi pa talaga ako makangiti. I missed training a lot. I missed my classes. I admit I was a mess but hey, I just got my first heart break. I think I did pretty good by just moping and rotting inside my room. Hindi man lang ako uminom or what. I just refused to go out and see anyone.

Not until Ji, of course. She would barge into my room like a madman and start dragging me here and there. Feeling ko tuloy, nagkaroon ako ng instant babysitter. But after all the smacking and punches I got from her, I'm still grateful she stayed. Na she didn't gave up on me.

Babba and the others are more than happy that I finally came back after missing on trainings though that didn't stopped Coach Tai on getting bat shit crazy on me. He focused on me a lot and was harsher than usual, not that I blame him or anything. I did missed out a lot.

Nobody dared to talk to me about what happened between me and Maddie. I'm somewhat grateful yet kind of sad that the girls are extra sensitive when they're with me. They're like really careful not to mention Maddie or something that's related to her. They're not even leaving my side during and after training. Di nila ako hinahayaang mag-isa. Either they would gang up on me or just let my close friends stay beside me. I can always see the subtle looks my seniors and close friends give each other kung sinong magse-stay at babantayan ako.

Maddie, on the other hand, reaches out to me but I make it a point to avoid her. She would ask me everyday if she could be my partner sa training but before I could even look at her, my seniors or my close friends would drag me away. Mostly, si Jia, Jho and Mich yung humihila sakin. Almost two weeks has passed and I still can't even look at her without feeling my heart breaking because I know, kung magtatagal sa sampung segundo yung pagtitig ko sakanya, manlalambot ako at I would take her back. Heck, it's almost taking all of my willpower to stop myself from walking towards her and pulling her into a tight hug. After what she's done, I admit I still love her.

But I don't think love is enough anymore. Wala na akong tiwala sa kanya eh. Sirang-sira na. After our stunt, wala na masyadong pumapansin sakanya. The girls would only talk to her when it's important like volleyball or studies related. I hate seeing her isolated kaso anong magagawa ko? I can't force the girls to socialize with her if they don't want to. Tsaka ang pangit naman nun, na makikibagay lang sila sakanya just because I told them to.

I remember catching myself looking at her as she bends down to get her gatorade in the cooler. She looks so frail and she definitely got thinner. I smile sarcastically as I debate myself internally as I ask myself why do I still care with someone na niloko lang ako. I debated with myself na hindi naman ganon si Maddie, na hindi nya magagawa yun basta basta. Na maybe she has a reason. Pero ano pa nga ba ang alam ko? Naloko na nga ako ng malala eh. Heto pa rin ako at iniisip at pinagtatanggol sya.