Chapter 43: Where did Amber go?

Octavia
It has been a while since Amber's accident with Liam. I was currently lying down next to Darry resting my head on top of his chest. He was also playing with my hair humming something.

"Do you sing Dar-bear?" I asked not looking up at him.

"Umm, not really why?"

"Can you sing me a song?" I asked looking at him.

"Well um...I don't know baby girl..."

"Please? Just one song" I asked him sticking my lower lip and widening my eyes. he looked at me and chuckled.

"You know I can't say no to that face," he said kissing my head.

"Then will you sing for me?"

"Yeah alright," he said smiling.

"I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though
I was enough
We danced the night away
We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up"

Once he finished singing I looked up at him and he was looking away in embarrassment.

"Dar-bear look at me," I said holding his hand tightly.

"I'm sorry O...I'm just not that good..." he mumbled still not looking at me.

"Dar that was beautiful," I said and rolled on top of him giving him a kiss.

"I love you," he said playing with my hair and looking into my eyes.

"I love you too Dar-bear" I giggled resting my head on his chest.

"Seriously Octavia. I love you so much" he said staring at me.

"I know Dar I know," I said cuddling into him.

After a while, we exited the room and I saw the whole gang here other than Soda, Amber, Steve, and Evie of course. I saw Pony coming in with the mail and I started to become curious. I walked over to him snatching the envelopes in his hands.

"Hey! O those aren't for you!" he yelled and I saw Darry look up from his paper shaking his head.

I walked over to him and sat on his lap flipping through the envelopes. All they were addressed to were Darry. Darry, Darry, Darry. But then I found a letter from Amber to Soda. I started getting worried cause she would never send a letter unless something happened. Darry must've seen something was wrong because he set his paper down and took the mail from me.

Darry
O was messing with Pony taking the mail from him. He started yelling how the mail wasn't hers and whatever. I just looked up at them shaking my head. I went back to my paper and it was actually not that interesting for once. It was about the same old stuff. I skimmed through the paper when I felt O sitting on my lap. I gazed up to see her looking at an envelope really really hard. It looked like she was thinking. I put my paper down and looked over her shoulder. I took it from her and all she did was stare at me confused. It was from Amber...to Soda. Wasn't she at the DX with him?

"Pone go get this to Soda and come right back. Hurry too cause who knows what those Socs will do" I said and O still looked at me confused.

"You alright baby girl?" I asked her while playing with her hair.

"No...Amber isn't alright I know she isn't..." she said shaking her head.

I kissed her neck and jaw as she rested her head on me.

Octavia
After Pony came back I got off of Dar and called Soda.

"Hello?" he said confused.

"Hey, it's O where's Amber? Is she with you?"

"No um we broke up"

"WHAT WHY?!" I screamed. I swear if he broke her heat I'm gonna kill him.

"O I didn't leave her she did she's gone..."

"You mean she left Tusla?" I asked shocked and everyone looked at me.

"Yeah...she did"

"Soda I gotta go"

"Bye," I said and hung up.

I looked over at Darry and he shrugged. I walked up to him and kissed him and fell asleep in his arms.

When I woke up it was 5 pm and the door opened. Both Steve and Soda walked in as the gang stared at them. Soda started asking what everyone was looking at and no one said anything except Darry.

"Nothing," he said and Soda just walked away mumbling to himself.

I sat on Darry's lap and held his hand.

"What do I do with Soda? Is he upset with Amber cause she would never up and leave would she?" he asked resting his head on top of mine.

"No she wouldn't it's strange really really strange," I said and he nodded.

"Wanna go to bed?" I asked him and he nodded.

We walked to his room and I laid down next to him burying my head in the crook of his neck.

"Would you ever leave me Octavia?" he asked holding my hand.

"What? Why would you think that?" I asked him looking up meeting his eyes.

"I don't know...Amber left Soda would you leave me?"

"Darrel, A didn't just leave Soda something isn't right I just don't know what and also I would never ever leave you," I said kissing his neck.

"Really? After all, I've done to you?" he asked looking at me.

"Dar look even after what happened in that accident I know you love me," I said smiling.

"I love you, Octavia Blake," he said holding me close.

I heard him breathing softly and I smiled.

"I love you too Darrel Curtis," I said and fell asleep with my head on his chest.

I know it has been a while but I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Stay Gold everyone!
~Caity💛