Chapter 2: Meeting Darry

Octavia
I was sitting there when I saw A and Dal go to Bell. It's been two years since I've seen him. I got up and ran to Bell hugging him. Soon Madi was hugging him too.

"Hey O! Hey M!" he said smiling.

"Hi Bell!" we said smiling.

"O you didn't get into trouble in New York did you?" he asked.

"No," I said smirking.

He just laughed and we sat down on the bigger couch.

Darry
I was sitting there when I saw the girl move from my chair. The phone rang and before I could get to it she ran over and picked it up. Soon she hung up and went back over to Bell. About five minutes later she got up again and headed towards me.

"Hey are you Darrel?" she asked.

"Yeah but you can call me Darry," I said smiling.

"Octavia," she said.

"Nice name," I said smiling.

"Thanks and also someone said for you to come into work cause they're low on people," she said.

"Ok," I said and went to my room to get my stuff.

Octavia
I was sitting on the couch with Bell and Madi when the phone rang. Before anyone could get it I ran over and answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Who's this?" the voice said.

"Octavia Blake," I said.

"Oh is Darrel Curtis there?" the person asked.

"Um yeah, what do you need?" I lied cause I have no idea who that is.

"Tell him he needs to work today. We're low on staff" the person said.

"Ok will do!" I said and hung up.

I walked back over to Bell and Madi and sat down.

"Bell who's Darrel?" I asked.

"He's over there on the armchair," he said pointing to him.

"K," I said and walked over there.

After I told him what he needed to know I sat down next to A who was on the couch with Bell, Madi, and Dal. She got up after a while and started roaming the halls. It was funny. Soon the guy who answered the door, who I think his name was Soda, went up to A and asked her something. I think she likes him cause I could see that she was blushing. I smiled to myself thinking this will be a fun year.

After about an hour I sat down with everyone and just ran my mouth basically.

"Lexi do you like Dal?" I asked smirking.

"Maybe..." she said.

"You should ask him out," I said.

"No, he doesn't like me in that way," she said.

"Um I highly doubt that but ok," I said shrugging.

We were on the couch watching Mickey Mouse when the door opened. Soon a tired Darrel came in and looked exhausted.

"Did you carry too much Dar?" Soda asked him.

"No" he lied.

"Dar you need to be careful," Pony said.

"I don't need you to tell me what to do Pone! Either of you!" he yelled.

I sat there getting upset. Why would he yell at his brothers like that? I stood up and yelled.

"UH HELLO! YOUR BROTHERS ARE TRYING TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE OK! IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT THEY DON'T WANT YOU HURT! I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU DO FOR A JOB BUT YOU HAVE NO DAMN RIGHT TO YELL AT THEM FOR CARING ABOUT YOU!" I screamed at him and everyone was shocked. Dallas looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I scoffed and walked over to Soda and Pony's room.

"Hey, thanks for knocking some sense into him," Soda said smiling.

"Yeah...he shouldn't yell at ya you were only trying to help," I said.

"Can you watch the girls for me? I'm gonna share the bed with A" I said.

"Of course I can," he said smiling.

I walked into the room and laid next to Amber.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"It was too damn crammed so I'm gonna share the bed with you," I said.

"K," she said and turned to her side.

"Do you like Soda?" I asked.

"Maybe," she said smiling.

We talked for a while and she fell asleep. It was late and I couldn't sleep. I got up and went to the bathroom. I came out and saw Darry on the couch reading the paper. I ignored him and went to get a drink when I turned around and he stood there raising an eyebrow.

Darry
I was sitting down reading the paper when Octavia came from Soda and Pony's room and went into the kitchen. I walked in and she had a bottle of Dal's beer in her hand.

"Hey," she said.

"Hi," I said and she took a drink.

She walked out and sat on my chair crossing her legs and taking another sip of beer. I don't know why but I thought she was pretty cute.

"So...how do you and Dallas know each other?" I asked.

"Amber is Dal's sister and my best friend. Dal is also my brother's best friend. So I knew Dal and A since we were little" she said taking another drink.

"Do you drink a lot?" I asked.

"Um no not really but I have recently..." she said taking another drink.

"Why?" I asked.

Her expression turned sour and she just yelled.

"NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!" she yelled upset taking another drink.

I just stood there in shock crossing my arms. She held out her bottle and I took it from her setting it down on the table.

"I'm sorry...I just don't wanna talk about it...also I'm sorry bout earlier...for yellin at you" she said.

"No, it's fine. I shouldn't have yelled at them. It's also not my business why you started drinking" I said.

"It's cause of my ex," she said.

"Oh...abusive?" I said quietly.

"No...never," she said and walked away.

I didn't know what was going on but every time I saw her I had this weird feeling.