Chapter 13: Making up

Octavia
I woke up to A sitting on my bed.

"Morning A," I said.

"Morning O..." she said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Darry stopped by this morning..." she said.

"Oh...ok," I said shrugging. I cared but I couldn't trust him.

"Octavia...he was crying," she said looking at me. I just shrugged.

"Octavia! Talk to him!" she said.

"I can't trust him..." I said.

"You don't even know what happened!" she said.

"Neither do you..." I said.

"Soda and I are dating..." she said.

"You guys are?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah we got together yesterday..." she said and I nodded.

"Soda said Dar never wanted to have sex with her...said he never meant for it to happen it just did...it took Soda a while to believe him but it took a while. Soda left her and they made up. All I'm asking you to do is go talk to him" she said.

"Fine," I said and went to my closet to change out of the dress. I changed into blue jean shorts and a black tank top. I walked downstairs and saw Darry talking with Soda, Bell, and Madi. I stood there and crossed my arms. Darry looked up at me and smiled. I just rolled my eyes and his face fell. He stood up and walked towards me.

Darry
I woke up sweating and looked at the time. It was 1 in the morning. I got up and sat on the couch thinking if I should go to her place or not. I sat there staring at the wall waiting until it was 6:00. I walked outside and got in my truck. I drove to O's place and knocked. Amber answered the door and looked at me.

"It was a misunderstanding," I said almost crying. Funny thing was I didn't even cry when my parents died but somehow I did when it came to O.

"I know...come in. I'll try to convince her" she said and walked off.

I sat down and Bell, Madi, and Soda came over and sat next to me.

"You need to tell her the whole story," Bell said.

"I know I should," I said.

"She loves you and clearly you do too," Madi said.

"I can help you convince her if you need too since I was there too," Soda said.

"I really love her and it was a misunderstanding. I tried to tell her but she left calling me a liar and just ran away..." I said.

We kept talking about the situation when Amber came down with O next to her. She looked beautiful no...gorgeous. I looked at her and smiled hoping to get one back but she just rolled her eyes and my smile fell. Soda, Amber, Madi, and Bell left us alone and she sat down next to me.

"Why are you here?" she said upset.

"Look I'm sorry. It's not what it seemed like. I never wanted to have sex with her...she drugged me" I said.

"Oh wow Darrel making up excuses now," she said rolling her eyes.

"Octavia give me five minutes, please! If you don't believe me fine, I'll let you go..." I said.

"Fine five minutes," she said.

Octavia
I sat there and he said he would take only five minutes. I told him he had only five minutes no more no less.

"I was at home when Laurel came to our place with a bottle of vodka. She said to me Soda broke up with her and she needed someone to talk to. I was like her friend since she was close to Pony and I. We drank but what I didn't know is she slipped some drugs into my cup. When I woke up I saw her naked in my bed and I began to panic. Soda came into the house and saw his girlfriend in his brother's bed. He was mad. Pissed actually. He wouldn't believe me when I told him it wasn't my fault. She worked at the Dingo so I confronted her. She confessed to spiking my drink and basically took advantage of me I guess. Soda found out and demanded the truth from her. She told him everything. Everything. She apparently was also cheating on him with Tim. He broke up with her and we made up." he said.

I sat there thinking. I didn't want to just give in. For all, I know he could've came up with it. I shook my head and walked away. I walked past A, Soda, Madi, and Bell who were all staring at me.

"WHAT?!" I yelled at them.

"O he loves you...maybe more than Lincoln did..." Bell said.

"You don't have any right to talk about Lincoln!" I said pointing a finger at him. I ran into my room and burst into tears. I love Darry I really do and I wanted to believe him but I didn't know what to do.

Bell and Soda knocked on my door and I opened it slowly.

"WHAT!" I yelled in their faces.

"He's telling the truth..." they said. I scoffed and shut the door.

"OCTAVIA IT'S TRUE! I DID DRUG DARRY!" I heard someone yell. I opened the door and saw that girl from the diner standing in my house.

"Please forgive him...I saw the way he looked at you and it made me upset...I loved him and I knew I couldn't have him so I claimed Soda and I ended and I drugged him and we had sex. I'm sorry..." she said looking down.

I punched her in the face repeatedly. Over and over screaming and crying.

"YOU FUCKING CUNT!" I yelled and Bell pulled her away before I could do anything else.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I yelled and she got up and hurried out of our house.

Darry
I was on the couch being a complete mess when Laurel came in.

"Dar I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said anything...i'll talk to her" she said and walked away. Soon there was screaming and crying and Laurel came down bloody and ran out of the house. O came running down the stairs and hugged me.

"I'm so so sorry Dar-bear!" she said.

"No baby girl I'm sorry. I should've told you" I said and kissed her head.

I picked her up and carried her to her room. We laid in bed and cuddled for the rest of the day. Just hanging out and watching tv. I love her and wouldn't wanna be with anyone else.