47: The Big Introduction and Busting Out My Moves

(Irresistible Ch. 47: Harry's Shimmying Hips and Blabber Mouths)

There is a very special sort of feeling that washes over me every single time I drive into the sleepy village of my childhood, as if a deep sense of calm sets into my skin, my heart relaxing completely as I make my way through the familiar streets of my childhood.

Even after all the travel, I've done in the last seven years, this town tucked in between the winding fields of the English countryside, is still one of my favorite places on earth. It's my home, the place I come from and I wouldn't change it for the entire world.

I'm driving slowly down the main road when Mia stirs next to me. Her eyes are a little droopy from the two hours of sleep she just got and it's to watch her whole body come to life as she fully wakes and takes in her surroundings.

I'm always excited to come home but I don't think I've ever been as excited as I am now because she's here and I know that past the trembling nerves she is too.

As we get closer and closer to my mum's house I wonder if I should warn her how close we are or if I should just surprise her. I'm not sure which would help her through this. Being prepared is always good but it would also give her time to freak out a bit more.

"So," she just about whispers causing me to turn and look at her. Her shoulders are up by her ears for a moment too long before she relaxes herself again and continuing."Is there anything I should know before we get there?"

In truth, there is so much I want to tell her. I could have spent the entire three hours it takes to drive up here talking her ear off about my life here, my family, and this place. I want her to know everything.

"Unless you think it's better I just walk in there blind," she releases an exasperated huff only making me smile until she continues without even taking a breath only making me concerned for her. "You know, just learn from them, see where it all began."

"I think you should take a deep breath and not think that all this will go wrong before we even step through the door, love."

I really do wish she would calm down a wee bit, if not for her sake than for mine. My heart is starting to jump just looking at her now, her anxiety mixing with my excitement for being home making me feel cool and tingly all over.

With a few deep breaths and tight twist on the steering wheel, I decide that being embarrassingly truthful might actually get her to calm down a bit.

"I'm sure most people wouldn't openly admit this but I talk about you quite a bit with my mum," I pause peeking over to my girl seeing that she's already looking my way. "I know you're nervous and I understand why but there really is no need, love."

"You talk to your mom about me," she asks sounding surprised at this sheer fact of life.

"Course I have," I grab her warm hand in mine, leaving a kiss on her palm. "You're the most exciting thing that's happened to me in a while. Why wouldn't I want to share that with her?"

"You guys are really close, aren't you?"

"She's one of my favorite people in the world," I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without my mum. I quite literally owe her my life. "And I think two people I hold closest to my heart need to meet, don't you think?"

Before I even know it I'm pulling into the all too familiar drive, my heart beating a little faster when I clap my eyes on my eyes front door.

"Here we are love, home sweet home."

Is this all really happening?

I'm nervous because Mia is but I am beyond excited about finally being here with my girl. Internally I'm bouncing in my seat, ready to grab her hand and run her up to the house just to get this show on the road but by the wide-eyed look on her face, I might have a trip getting her out of the car let alone up to the front door.