46: The Art of Calming Mia Down

(Irresistible Ch. 46: Driving Miss Mia Crazy)

I'm excited to finally get out of London and get some much needed quiet time back home with the family. It's going to be a nice peaceful few weeks I think and I can't wait to finally introduce Mia to mum and Robin. I already know they'll love her, not as much as I do because that's impossible but they'll like her.

Gemma might be a bit of a harder sell only because she's so protective but I'm sure all that'll need to happen is a nice family dinner and she'll love my girl.

This all could happen if Mia would get out of the bathroom.

I know she's nervous but it's never taken her 45 minutes to get ready. My girl isn't very vain, only ever wears minimal makeup if any at all. She must be up to something else in there.

For a third time this morning I stand outside the door trying to listen in but she's speaking in a hushed tone so I can't decipher a thing.

The only person Mia could possibly be talking to is Monica. Maybe I should send her a text and see what's going on.

Monica is like my spy that way. She'd never truly jeopardize Mia's confidence, she's fiercely loyal to her, but she knows that Mia needs a little push every once and a while and, like me, will be that push.

My thumbs are poised over the small keyboard when I finally hear the first clear word from Mia.

"No!" she yelps and I can clearly picture her face. It's turned that special shade of pink that only appears when he's embarrassed or nervous. The phone is probably pressed firmly against her ear and her knuckles are turning white.

It's adorable to witness.

I should go in there.

This time I press my ear against the door and only catch snippets of what she's frantically saying to her friend. Apparently she's "sick with worry" and needs to be "talked off the ledge," and although it does pinch my heart at the fact that she's worried about meeting the Styles clan, it also makes me exceedingly confident that this crazy girl who has locked herself in the bathroom is the one for me.

Mia releases a few very scared sounding deep breaths before I decide to put her out of her misery.

Afterall, if she's this nervous than who else is better to relax her than me? She just probably doesn't know it yet.

"Mia love, come on. We've got to get on the road."

"Five more minutes," she yells back instantly, her voice flat in an attempt to cover her nerves.

After a few more moments of inaudible chatter, I hear Mia click her phone off and then nothing. No other movement. No other noise. Nothing that tells me she's making a move to come on out.

She'd probably stay in there for the rest of the trip if I wasn't' here to coax her out.

"Mia, are you finished?"

Nothing.

I jiggle the knob a little and sigh when I find it's locked. "Come on love, there isn't anything to worry about."

"You don't know that for sure," she rattles off in lightning speed.

I can't fault her for being nervous because I'll be just as nervous when I meet her family. She's never really mentioned them so I'm not entirely sure what her relationship is with them but I'll be a wreck when the time comes.

"Seriously Mia you're going to be fine. I'll be there every second. And it's just my mum and Gemma and Robin."

She scoffs at me which only makes me smile because it only shows how much she cares about getting their acceptance.