10: Throw Me Some Crackers

(Irresistible Ch. 10 It's None of Your Business)

"Maybe you should have something to eat mate." Jeff states rather than suggests as he gets up from his seat.

"You're going really hard tonight Harry. Is this really all about Carolina or–"

"Fuck don't say her name." I beg him flopping back against the back of the couch. "I don't want to think of her, I've got another one."

Ben places a firm hand on my knee for reassurance before getting up starting the clear away the mess I've made.

"Heeeey, I'm not finished with that." I slur as I let my drink do the talking for me. "I want more."

"But you need water." Ben scolds as he glances over at Jeff. "Get over it."

I guess my two friends have found something to agree on, sobering me up.

"Here have these." Jeff tosses me a bag of crackers but I shake my head. "Nope."

"Harry don't be silly."

Jeff can't be serious. He's knows me better than most... I'm a silly drunk. Always have been always will be.

"Harry. It's late."

"Oh come on..." I plead with him, throwing over the bag while opening my mouth wide. "Humor me for a bit."

Ben waltzes him with two glasses of water. "Looks like the parties officially over. Just sent off the last of your friends."

"Thanks," I say giving him a little round of applause. "Now throw me a cracker."

Ben throws one at me with a wide grin before calling it a night and heading upstairs which leaves me with Jeff, someone who is all too familiar with my drunken antics. He's known me long enough, good friends know these types of things and Jeff certainly does.

He plays along for awhile and I must say it's rather fun. And it works for the most part until the very last attempt when I lean over too far. I try to catch myself with the table but rather than fixing myself I fall flat on my face.

"Fuck," I rub the back of my head all the drink I've had so far tonight catching up to me and flooding my head. "Ouch."

Slowly I roll over on my back and start laughing up at the ceiling.

This is too much, I'm too much.

"Alright. Think it's time for bed mate." Jeff towers over me ready to hoist me up.

"Mia, take me to Mia." It's a perfect idea. I can just slip in under the covers and cuddle up next to her. Hold her tight like I've wanted to all night. It would make waking up to my inevitable hangover tomorrow morning all the more better.

Now that would be lovely.

"Fuck no," Jeff snaps of me. "Don't need the girl seeing you like this." 

"Her name is Mia." I sternly bark back. "The girl's name is Mia."

"Okay, okay." He huffs, hoisting me up and taking most of my weight as he make out way through the house and up the stairs.

I have him slow up as we pass her door knowing she's snuggled up inside. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about her in my clothes.

I want to go in.

"Don't even think about it," he harshly whispers in my ear.

He can really be a wanker sometimes but he's got my back always so I can't fault him too much.