75: The Lea Debacle and Unexpected Guests

(A/N: After a long hiatus (not as long as 1Ds) Harry's POV is back. This is a little teaser and I do plan to do a chapter dump soon but as it's my birthday I wanted to give you a little something. So be nice (as you always are) and comment and vote! Enjoy!)

"Oh god, I need more coffee," I sigh and groan as I stretch my arms out above my head in an attempt to wake up my tired body.

I should have slept on the plane and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't but how could I when Mia wasn't in the seat next to me.

It's wild because I know I've done it but I can't remember a night I've slept well without her beside me. She's too much a part of my life now and I love her so much that I miss her with every single part of my being.

And now I'm completely exhausted.

Jeff and I landed early this morning and we've been working ever since. Currently, we're meeting with possible photographers to document our time on the road this fall.

Unfortunately, no one is jumping out at me.

Don't get me wrong, every candidate is very talented and deserving of the position but I haven't gotten that feeling, you know? The subtle tingle in your gut that indicates that what you're doing is exactly right.

The exhaustion might be playing into it as well but that's where I'm at.

Ya, I need more coffee.

"I'm sorry but none of them felt right," I explain to Jeff after asking Cynthia, one of the records label interns that helped us get set up this morning for another coffee. "They're great photos but I haven't seen any that vibe with what I want for this tour to feel like."

"And what vibe are you aiming for?" Jeffrey asks, frustrated with the fact that none of the people he brought in are the right fit. "Harry, this is the seventh photographer we've seen today. I just don't know what you're looking for."

Don't I know either.

And the worst part is, all this would go differently if Mia was here.

I wish she had come with us but I understand why she didn't and I only have myself to blame. It is all my fault.

If I hadn't have acted the way I did, she might be here looking through these portfolios and maybe I'd think differently about them. If I had acted like a gentleman instead of an uncontrollable horny teenager I might have Mia's input and I might have an ounce of clarity because that vibe I just told Jeff about, I can't explain it. I just know when it's not right and it hasn't been with any of these first seven candidates.

God damn, I miss Mia and it's only been 24 hours.

This trip is ten days, I can last that long... I think.

"And all seven of them have been great," I push my fingers through my hair and lean back to balance on the two back legs of my chair. "I can't explain it. I'll know it when I see it and until then we don't need an official photographer."

Or maybe I'm just in a funk because Mia and I are.

After all these years together, I have learned to read Jeff quite well.

That's why I know that the little twitch in his brow indicates that his initial reaction is to argue on the subject but it doesn't stick. "It's your tour, I'm just here to make you happy. We either find the right guy or... I don't know, we'll figure something out."

"Glad we're on the same page. Don't stress, it'll all work out," I try to reassure him and calm the stress he tends to let overwhelm him sometimes. "Now, let's see the next guy."