5: Catching Glimpses

[Irresistible Ch. 5: Loss of Breath]

She's gone and I'm totally fine with it, completely fine, more that fine... at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I've taken two laps around this party and I haven't seen her. Although, every so often I have a moment when I think I catch a glimpse of her but everytime the blonde hair turns it's a different face.

Why does this feel so horrible?

I only met Mia a few hours ago and yet her absence has me longing to see her again. It would be all fine and good if I had a way to contact her again. Apart from sitting in the cafe I met her in until she shows up I have no way in finding her.

Unless I go completely psycho and hire someone to find her...no that would be way too much!

I'm kicking myself really! And I didn't get her bloody last name or cell number or twitter handle or... anything.

She's still a complete mystery to me and yet I want her here so badly.

No, I want to get to know her badly...well maybe I want both. I can't straighten out my thoughts at all.

The alcohol isn't helping. With each sip I just think about her more and more instead of the other way around. How cute it was when her face scrunched up after she tasted a sip of my drink earlier. And her rude mouth when she answered my questions over coffee and then how embarrassed she was for it. And how timid she was before getting on my motorbike. And of course how her legs squeezed around mine as we sped down the freeway. And how I almost kissed her...

I need to pull myself together.

Mia is just a girl...

She's just a girl...

Just a girl...

Or is she?

"I need another drink." I mumble to no one.

Chelsea Handler passes me the bottle and gives me a knowing smirk. She's gonna press me for details and I am not in the mood.

"Chelsea?"

"So what's her name."

All I do is frown and slump back in my seat.

Why won't anyone let me drink in peace?

She starts spouting out questions to try and make me laugh. And I have to admit it's really hard not to crack a smile. It's hard not to, hard in more ways than one, but I persevere through.

"Harold."

"Not my name."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."

God we sound like children.

"Do you know Justin Timberlake?"

I try to ignore her.

"Do you guys ever get together and high five?"

Can't stop but chuckle at that.