The Rejected

Dominic Barbosa -23 .....Dark Moon Pack Base

The sky was clear and bright and Dom closed his eyes as he turned his face toward the sky and allowed the sun's rays to kiss his skin. He finally found his mate and was going to propose. He pulled out the black velvet box and looked at the ring. A smile graced his face. Everything was perfect.

She showed up half an hour later. She was wearing a black dress and a black sweater. Her normally cheery face was replaced with a solemn look. His heart raced as he wondered what could be wrong.

He reached for her hand but she pulled back.  "Aurina?"

She sighed.  "I can't do this, Dominic."

He frowned.  "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. You're just too...perfect."

He smiled.  She was being silly.  "Not at all. I have my flaws too."

She shook her head. "I can't."

He frowned.

"I, Aurina Edwards, reject you Dominic Barbosa as my mate."

Dom stood in place stunned. She turned and walked off. He sank to his knees as tears rolled down his cheeks. She didn't even look back.  Pain seared through his chest as she had already begun the separation of the bond.  In her mind, they were over.  

"I accept your rejection. Be happy."

Ari Silver-23......Dark Moon Pack- North Ridge

"I, Margot Payne, reject you Ari Silver as my mate."

Tears welled in Ari's eyes and his bag dropped from his shoulder. He raised a trembling hand up and pushed his glasses up on his face. He'd just gotten out of classes and Margot said she wanted to talk.  But this...this was not what he was expecting.

"Wh-why, Margot? I-I thought w-we-"

She snorted and pointed at him.  "Lookit yourself. You're lame. You dress shitty and you're a mega nerd. I can't have a sniveling guy like you as my mate."

He blinked in disbelief.  "It's whats inside that matters. How could you –"

"It's over! Later loser."

He watched her tap down the hallway and out the front door. He slowly bent down to pick up his bag. "I accept your rejection. You'll see. One day."

Snowden Frost- 18....Frost Moon Pack

She flung her curly brown hair over her shoulder and looked him up and down with a nasty look.  Like he was mud on the ground.  "You're pathetic, Sno. Like, ew. If you think I'm going to stay in this backwater ass pack with a bunch of homeschooled inbreds, you're mistaken."

He flinched.  They weren't inbred.  How could his mate say something like that?  She was from the city and had only been to visit twice.  "What?"

She gave him a bored look.  "I, Raquel Beckwith, reject you Snowden Frost as my mate."

"But-"

She stomped her foot.  "Accept it so I can leave! I have a nail appointment."

He wiped the tear that rolled down his cheek. His wolf howled in his head. "I-I accept your rejection."

"About time!" She spun on her heel and stormed out. An elder rushed up as Sno fell to his knees.

"Sh-she called us homeschooled inbreds! We have some of the highest IQ's of the were world. We have certain gifts afforded only to our line! Why?! Why?!" he sobbed into the elder's robes.

The elder held him close as he cried. "Some people are just superficial. She wouldn't have made a good luna. You're too good for her."

"It hurts."

"The goddess will make it better."  He helped Snow to his feet.  "Come. Rest. Recover. Get stronger."

"Will our pack really be okay?"

The elder nodded saddened his future alpha hurt so much. "Eventully. For now, focus on yourself."

"I'll get stronger. For myself. For the pack. I'll make you all proud of me."

The elder smiled. "We already are."

Raven Blackhawk - 20...Rogue

Her eyes went wide.  "You'e a rogue?"

Raven stiffened.  "Yes."

A look of pure hatred marred her beautiful face.  "I don't' want a rogue as my mate. What will my family think?"

"The goddess put us together though," he said gently.

She clutched handfuls of her hair in her hands.  "This is wrong! All wrong."

He stepped forward and raised his hand to grab her hand.  He didn't want her to hurt herself.    "I-"

"Stay back rapist!" she screamed.

He recoiled.

"Murderer!"

"Pedophile!"

He stood frozen, unable to form coherent thoughts.  How could his goddess appointed mate spit such vile and cruel things at him?

"I, Stephanie Chastain, reject you Raven Blackhawk as my mate. Go die, filthy rogue!"  She spit at him then stormed off.

Raven put his hand over his heart as he fell back into the wall. His legs no longer held strength to hold him up and he slid down the wall til he was sitting. His voice was barely a whisper. "I accept."

Natelly Rizzo- 22 /Cisero De La Vega-22......Dark Moon Pack- Western Ridge

The twin females stood at the doorway to the rehab room motioning for Natelly and Cisero to come over. A cold chill went up Cisero's spine and he turned so he was facing Natelly.

"Nat, I have a bad feeling." He signed.

"So do I," Natelly replied.

"Whatever happens...

Natelly nodded.  It didn't need to be said but he said it anyway.  "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," he said confidently.

Cisero nodded.

Natelly clapped him on the shoulder and smiled. "We'll be okay." They approached the two women who they found were their mates before they went on their mission.

One of the twins seemed more interested in her bejewelled nails than her mate, Cisero.  "I'm sure you know why we're here."  She didn't even look at him.

Cisero sighed.  "You're breaking our bond."

She nodded.  "Yes."

"Why are you doing this?" Natelly asked his mate, her twin. 

She put her hand on her hip.  "You're damaged. What good is a wolf without his sight? Or his hearing?"

Cisero frowned.  Being injured for your pack was a noble thing.  "But we're alive to love you."

His mate finally looked at him.  "There's honor in death."

"We just found you," Natelly tried to protest.  She held up her hand and cut him off.

"Then this should hurt less."

Cisero started forward but Natelly grabbed his hand and pulled him back. "Don't lower yourself."

The twins looked at each other then the two broken wolves. They spoke at the same time in voices cold and bitter like winter up north. "I, Fiona/Felicia Savor reject you, Natelly Rizzo/ Cisero De La Vega as my mate."

The other injured weres in the therapy room snarled with anger. The therapists tried calming them down.

Cisero stood tall and pushed the hair out of his face uncovering his damaged eye. "We accept your rejection."