Chapter 15: Escaping the Darkness

Darkness.

Darkness is enclosing around him like he's at the bottom of the ocean.

It's silent, dead silent. The kind of silence where your ears begin to ring because your brain can't handle the quiet.

There's a weight pressing down on him, pressure building up until suddenly, he feels weightless.

He looks around in a daze, his eyes finding a small sliver of light. He walks over to it, looking through the key-shaped hole.

A hospital room is what lies on the other side. A hospital room with his body laying there lifeless. There's a heart monitor that shows that his corpse is still alive. He can just barely hear the beeps it creates.

He just needs to get back to it.

He reaches blindly for the knob, only to find it locked.

He'll have to find the key.

It's over here.

He hears a voice whisper softly from the deep void opposite the door.

He begins to walk towards it, no fear in his heart.

He begins to search for the key in the abyss, stumbling around blindly.

"How am I supposed to find it?" He mutters, reaching out further into the darkness.

It's over here, come over here.

The voice whispers once again, in amusement this time. He turns to the left where he heard the voice.

But suddenly, he stops.

"You better fucking wake up."

"Who is that?" He wonders, his body beginning to walk further into the darkness on its own.

"I'm not done with you, do you hear me?"

"Why do they sound so familiar?" He asks, his mind clouded. The voice is distorted, it sounds like he's underwater.

Over here, the key is over here!

The first voice whispers angrily, his body beginning to forcibly be pushed farther away from the light.

"We have so much more to settle you son of a bitch. So you better fucking wake up!"

Is that Louis?

No! Come here!

The first voice now yells, sounding demonic.

He ignores it.

"I'm so tired, Louis," he mutters, his eyes beginning to shut.

"Just wake up already!"

There's suddenly a weight on his neck that wasn't there before. He reaches under his shirt, feeling a necklace now around his neck.

The pendant on it feels like it's a key.

No! That's the wrong key!

He turns around, walking towards the sliver of light where he hears someone slam a door. He takes the necklace off, placing the key in the hole.

No!

Suddenly, white is the only thing he can see as he opens his eyes.