Twenty Three

-edited-

New Years approached fast. Nicole was arriving tomorrow and I wasn't too ecstatic to give up my bed to her. But hey, that's what friends do. Harry planned a New Year's Eve party at his place which I never heard about. How was I supposed to go? I wasn't going to leave Nicole all by herself during New Years. And I didn't know of any babysitter that could watch Noah.

I was sitting in between Harry's legs on the floor. He was braiding my hair. I didn't want him to, but apparently he needed practice for when Gemma had kids.

"Pleeasssee come to the party Arabella," he begs while pulling on my hair sharply.

"Ouch. You bitch. You can't force me to come by pulling my hair." I say rolling my eyes. I wanted to spend a nice New Years at home with my best friend and her child. That's it.

"I think I have multiple times. And every time you screamed out, "Dadddyyyy! Oh daddy! Uhh-" I cut off his horrible impression of me by slapping his leg. Hard. "I have a babysitter," he continues. "She's really good. Knows CPR and the Heimlich and everything. And I'm sure that Nicole could use a night off."

He made a point there. But I didn't want to admit it. "I don't know."

He pulls my hair again and I suck in a breath. He lets out a long groan of complaint. "Noah can stay at my place. Upstairs so he's close. No one is gonna go upstairs anyway. I promise he'll be safe." The urge to give in was deafening. I wanted Harry to be happy and deep down inside, I wanted to go to the party.

"I'll ask Nicole." I give in.

"Yessss." He says and kisses the top of my forehead, pulling my hair in the process.

"Stop pulling my fucking hair." I snap at him.

"Sorry." He chuckles.

••••••••••••••••••

"Fuck. It's cold out." Nicole says shaking the snow off her jacket. She gives me a long hug and whispers in my ear, "Damn he's hot." she says talking about Harry who was standing awkwardly three feet away.

I laugh and pull away. She picks up her baby carrier, holding Noah. "Hey there, chipmunk." she says to the little black haired baby. He opens his brilliant blue eyes from his nap, which makes my heart swoon. She hands Noah over to me and I cradle him in my arms.

Harry was still shifting on his feet not knowing what to say to Nicole. Nicole was a very round person, since she didn't lose her baby wait. On her arm sat at least thirty bracelets, and one ring sat on each finger. Her hair was a pile of dark dreadlocks, with beads and other accessories tied in them. She sure caught attention on the streets, but she responded to looks by throwing her middle finger up.

Currently, Harry and Nicole were surveying each other. Nicole was looking at his array of tattoos while Harry stared at the many rings on her fingers. The tension in the room was starting to make Noah cry, so I quickly put a stop to it. "Harry, this is Nicole. Nicole, Harry." I motion with my head since my arms were filled with Noah.

Harry sticks his hand out. "Nice to meet you." Nicole takes his hand, but not to shake it. Instead, she flips it over and looks at his rings.

"Damn, you have good taste," She says still scrutinizing his fingers. Harry looks at me scared, with his green eyes bulging. I roll my eyes and look at Noah pulling my hair in his chubby hands. Nicole finally looks up and turns to me. "I like him." she simply states.

She turns away ignoring her bags in the hallway and heads to the fridge. "I know I'm not pregnant anymore, but I swear, I still have cravings."

Harry grabs her bags and puts them in my room while I head to the kitchen by Nicole. "How old is he now?" I ask.