Six

-edited-

 I was busy feeding Spaghetti when my cell rings. It was Monday and I would have to face Harry today. I was dreading it especially knowing what happened last time we met up. We couldn't do whatever we were doing anymore. It was wrong and people could find out. Even though it was amazing, it just couldn't happen again. No matter how much I wanted it to. 

"Hello?" I say answering the call.

"It's Kelly Reynolds calling. I'm so glad we could fix up that rent problem. And of course the fish is no problem as long as no other animals are in the apartment. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I caused you."

Furrowing my eyebrows at her words, I try to recall ever paying the late rent. "I never paid the rent, Kelly."

"Oh, well a man saw me last night and paid last month's rent and the money for the rest of the lease. He also cleared up the animal issue. I thought you sent him." Immediately, I know who she is talking about. 

"Yeah. Sorry I must of forgotten. Bye." I hang up the phone fuming with anger. Spaghetti must feel my rage because she hides in her little den.

That asshat paid my rent. How dare he give me sympathy. He was acting like some... sugar daddy.

Just because I let him finger me, doesn't mean that he could pay my bills. 

Driving to work, I come up with the plan of confronting him about what he did. I would pay him back of course. I didn't need his help. Hell, I didn't want his help.

I storm into the publishing house with my bitch face on. People could tell that I was upset because they were moving out of my way as I went to the elevator.

Reaching my floor, I go to my desk, drop off my things and get a cup of coffee for Mr. Frederick if he was here. I never found out why he wasn't at work on Friday. But rumors said that he caught his wife fucking another man the night before. I feel sorry for the guy, but after all, he is a terrible person. I'd cheat on him too. 

I knock on the door and walk straight in, too impatient to wait for an answer. Mr. Frederick was here today, thank god. But across from him sat Harry. My mood instantly sours even more, if that was even possible. 

"Ms. Kirking. How was your weekend?" Frederick asks, making Harry face me at this statement. He looked mighty fine this morning. He had his red dress shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his hair was even more disheveled, but still not bedhead material. I still send him the devils glare, and carry on with handing over the coffee. Just because he looked good, didn't mean that I was over him paying my rent. 

"Just fine. Thank you," I say in a chirpy voice, totally opposite of what I am feeling right now. I feel Mr. Styles eye my chest as I set his coffee in front of him. Harry looks up and sees that I caught him checking me out. His cheeks turn red, looking good with the deep red of his shirt. I arch my eyebrow at him and give him a tiny shake of my head, letting him know that I knew. 

"Fax these please and can you make a dinner reservation for three. You, Mr. Styles and I have some business to discuss over lunch." Mr. Frederick hands me some papers and shoos me away with a way of his hand. 

"Of course sir," I say and strut out of the room, but not forgetting to glare at Harry before I go.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I made the reservation at a high end French restaurant. Currently, I was in the backseat of Harry's sleek BMW driving there. Harry was driving with Mr. Frederick in the passenger seat. They were making easy conversation about things, but I paid no mind to them as I stared out the window. Harry would occasionally glance at me through the rear view mirror, but I tried to ignore him and focus on the lunch meeting.