Seventeen

-edited-

I feel a faint flutter on my forehead. Then a tickle on my cheek. My nose. My eyelid.

I open my eyes from my sleep and look into the face of Harry hovering just above mine. He was peppering my face with kisses. Him kissing me was such a nice way to wake up. Especially on a Wednesday.

"Morning Arabella. I'm gonna run to my place. I'll see you at work." I marvel at the fact of how sexy and deep his morning voice is before nodding. He pecks me on the lips and crawls out of bed. His glorious, tattooed naked figure takes over my line of sight. My Wednesday just got better.

"Before you go, I just wanted to remind you I'm gonna repay you for last night."

His eyes glisten in the window light. He falls into the bed and kisses me roughly. Too soon, he pulls away. "I'm holding you to that promise."

He gives me a quick wink before leaving. My alarm clock shows six-thirty. I didn't want to go to work today. Everything was just easier in bed. Fucking hell, get up Arabella, I tell myself. Reluctantly, I get up and get ready for the day ahead of me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Walking into Mr. Frederick's office with his coffee, I notice a head of curly, brown hair talking over a report with my boss. I hide my grin as I hand Mr. Frederick his coffee.

"Arabella, there's a whole shit ton of papers on my desk that had to be delivered to the board yesterday. Get it done," He snaps. Way to ruin my good mood.

"And while you're at it, go down by Thomas and ask where the hell my edits are." He says still bent over his document.

Harry eyes me as I take the heavy stack of papers of the desk. He has a little gleam in his eye as we make eye contact. I can see him internally laughing at my expense. But I ignore it and slip him a quick wink before leaving.

After dropping off the papers to the proper members and getting bitched out by that Thomas dude, I sit in my desk and work up Mr. Frederick's schedule. He had such a boring life. Unconsciously, my mind shifts to Harry and last night.

I never knew he was a nerd. With his tattoos, abs of steel, and eyes that shot daggers, he seemed like the person to be in the principals office everyday. But then again, you can't judge people on looks. And he was such a snoop! Of course he found my vibrator! My nightstand drawer was none of his business. Not that I minded him finding it.

My phone rings and pulls me from my reverie. "Hello?" I say.

"Arabella. I expected a call from you." A voice says. Call from me? Then it clicks. Chris Wells.

"Mr. Wells. What a surprise."

"I'm sure it is. Now have you thought about my offer?"

I think back to the ball. Would it really be best to sign a contract with him to publish my stories if his company was being signed over to Harry? I could be forgotten in the midst of all the kerfuffle. And what would Harry think? If I wanted my stories published he sure as hell would want them under his company. We are together. Are we?

But Harry would never publish my stories. He said that they weren't good. He also said they weren't bad. My thoughts were conflicted and I couldn't think. Become an author and betray Harry. Or be no one and still remain in Harry's good graces.

"I get the feeling that you haven't thought about it much." Mr. Wells says. "How about this? We schedule a meeting and talk about the opportunities you may have with me. Don't say no until we meet. Okay?"