Ten

-edited-

The week went by slowly in Harry's absence. Mr. Frederick was being even more bitchy than usual because allegedly he caught his wife cheating on him. Poor guy. Harry constantly went through my mind while trying to plan the gala. We fixed things between us, but I still felt like we left things off on a bad note. Thoughts of why he needed 'time off' clouded my mind. While I was busy planning the gala, I was unconsciously thinking about whether I was the reason he left. Of  course you are. You went ballistic on him. What do you expect?

But I said I was sorry. I did my part. He probably just needed a getaway from work and all his problems. Harry was constantly working.

Listening to some Frank Sinatra, I did my hair for the gala. There was not many options I could do. I couldn't braid, do an up-do; I could barely curl my brownish hair. The finished product was my hair in little waves. It looked acceptable so I did my make up and put on the dress Harry gotten for me. Under the fabric, I wore the black panties that came with the dress. I skipped out on wearing my glasses and put my emergency pair of contacts in.

I'll admit, I looked great and felt even greater. It wasn't common that I could get dazzled up, so when I did, I made sure I looked good. Plus, there was someone I wanted to impress. 

After feeding Spaghetti and grabbing my purse, I open my door to leave. But instead, I run into a hard wall. Yet, it wasn't a wall; it was Harry's rock hard chest.

"Harry! When did you get back?" I ask still stunned he showed up to my apartment again.

Harry kisses me quickly and grabs my hands while scanning my body. His eyes never seem to leave my figure as he talks. 

"This morning. I had some business to do then I decided to come here before the gala. It has to look great. Your career's riding on this."

"I understand. And it will look great. I planned it," I add cockily. 

He laughs heartily at my joke and gazes over me again. "Well judging by how gorgeous you look, no one will care about the decorations. All eyes will be on you."

Blushing at his words, I roll my eyes. I tell myself that they're just common courtesy and mean no more that that. Surprised that he wasn't at the party already, I say, "Harry, why aren't you at the party? Mr. Wells will be there in like, thirty minutes."

He gives me a look. "I wanted to pick you up." He lifts my hand up to his mouth and kisses my knuckles in a very princely manner. He looked the part so he might as well act it too.

"Besides," he adds, "You cant show up in your junk of a car."

Offended I scoff and close my apartment door. I walk out of the building not waiting for Harry. Outside is a sleek black limo. I head towards it knowing it was Harry's. I open the door and then slam it shut, just as Harry arrives to the door. Looking out the window, I see he is mouthing the word, "Really?"

Harry gets in and sits next to me. I look the other way pretending to still be offended he made fun of my car. I didn't really care he called it a piece of junk, because it was. And I'd much rather show up in a limo then a car that is losing its wheels.

"Baby, you look beautiful. I can finally see your eyes without your glasses," Harry says grabbing my hand once more.

"Thank you. You look very dashing as well. All the ladies will be fawning over you."

And they would be. He was wearing dress slacks and shoes matched perfectly. He had a black suit coat on and a tight white dress shirt buttoned all the way up. His hair was messy, but neat. Harry's look was simple yet sophisticated, and that made him so much more sexier. I was glad to be walking in on his arm and not walking in all by myself like some loner.