Twenty One

-edited-

Harry's POV

Of course I got Arabella an awesome Christmas gift. It'd be sad if I didn't. She deserved the world. But that wouldn't fit in a box.

Louis and I left the beauty alone to change into some nicer clothes for dinner. I changed myself, into a nice grey jumper. Louis did the same. He usually spent Christmas with my family because he never got together with his family until after New Years. Since his mum died, it was hard to find a time to be together. Everyone went their separate ways, busy working to support themselves. I was glad Louis chose to move with my to the states and become my VP. He was the only one in that wretched publishing company that I trusted.

Arabella came out of the bedroom that was located at the back of the plane wearing a cream sweater, dark jeans, and boots. Her curves were shown off beautifully, and her long hair was laid over her shoulder. Faintly, I could see a hickey poking out from her collar. A smirk covers my face thinking about what happened back at her apartment. "Do I look okay?" she asks softly.

I could tell she was nervous for meeting my family. From previous conversations, I could tell that family was not a good subject for her. She tries to avoid the topic at all costs. Just as I am about to reassure her on her outfit, Louis speaks up. "Sure to impress the mother, love."

She pulls her lip between her mouth and nods slowly. I could tell she didn't believe a thing he said. Arabella looks at me with her eyebrows up, asking silently. I give her a wink and show her my dimpled smile.

For the duration of the flight, Louis and Arabella play a game of cards while I sit writing my work plans for the coming month. "Bitchhh!" I hear Arabella shout with a playful smile on her face.

Louis erupts into a fit of laughter. The pair were playing Uno, and he just laid a draw four card. I look at Arabella's hand, and see she has at least fifteen cards in her delicate hands; Louis only has two. A smile overtakes my face. She sucked at cards, no matter what game she played. But she never admitted it. Arabella had a strong front that she always put up. She acted like everything was okay, until it wasn't. But even through her struggles, she thought about other people. She always knew what to say to upset me, comfort me, or to make me laugh, and I loved that about her. Arabella was the only challenge I got throughout my days. She was the ideal person for me, in and out of the sheets.

Setting aside my work and going towards the pair I say, "Mind if I join?"

"Sure. Maybe you could help me win against this cheater," She says laughing. In this moment, I felt happy. I was with my girl, and my best friend. She was going to meet my parents and everything was going to be okay. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arabella's POV

My palms were sweating. This was not okay. Even in the bitter cold of Harry's home town, I was sweating. Harry had his arm wrapped around my waist as we walk up the long drive to his childhood home. Louis was walking ahead of us with the Christmas gifts under his arms. "Harry! I didn't get your mom a gift!" I say wanting to turn back and fly back home. I almost do, but Harry's strong arms push me forward.

"That's fine. I wrote your name on mine. Love, there is no need to be nervous. My family is just like me. You'll love them."

"Lord help me if they're like you." Harry spanks my ass at my comment and I let out a small shriek. Louis looks back at us and shakes his head and a smirk covers his looks.

"Be nice. And lets not exchange gifts here. Let's do it when we get back home." He says as we reach the door.

"Okay," I say wanting to puke. I can do this. You've dealt with Harry, you can deal with his family.