14

A/n: all questions from two chapters ago will be answered.

Just kidding. Only the first one.

●♢●

Mary ran like she'd never run before in her fifteen years of life. She ran until her legs ached and feet grew sore, and even then, she still ran on.

The young girl had no idea where to go. She had been on the run for a hours now, running as far away from her old home as possible.

Her lovely magenta dress was torn to shreds, her lush brown locks were in tangles, her dark skin was dusted with dirt and soil. Sweat formed all over her face, back, and arms.

She pulled the hem of her dress with on hand and her bag in the other. Inside that bag were some of the male slaves' clothes that she bought, a loaded pistol she stole from above the mantle, a small knife from the kitchen, and... her prized possession.

Now, why did Mary have those things? Well, her plan was to start a new life as a Virginian man named "Tobey Jacobson". Her plan was to head to New York or possibly Quebec or even France. Her father knew some people there and she was sure someone'd take her in.

Her knees bucked against each other as her pace started slowing down. Her chest heaved as she tried to catch her breath. Her vision became fuzzy, her eyes slowly closing from exhaustion.

Mary fell to her knees, her arms supporting herself. She wheezed as she laid there on the dirt ground. Her arms gave way and her face fell flat on the ground.

She rolled so her back was against the ground. Her breath was shakey and her limbs were aching. She gasped for as much air her lungs would allow her to take.

Her head began spinning. Her chocolate brown eyes were half closed. Her throat was dry and her lips were chapped.

The last thing she saw before blacking out, was the figure of a woman in light pink.

●♢●

"

So, what do we do?" A woman asked.

"Well, I guess we wait for her to wake." Another voice said, this time it was a male.

Mary kept her eyes squeezed shut despite being awake. She took slow steady breaths, trying not to alert whoever was in the room.

She tried to make out her surroundings without seeing them. She realized she was on a leather couch. The noise of crackling fire was near by so she assumed she was in a living room.

The voices weren't too far from her either. Maybe near the fire place or possibly seated on a couch next to her. She also noted that the room smelled of fresh bread and coffee, which most likely came from the kitchen.

"Should we tell Mother and Father?" The woman asked again.

"Ma is out lookin' for Pops. He didn't come back last night, remember?" The man said. "We should just let the poor girl rest."

"But Philip--"

Mary sat up. She didn't even know why. It was probably because of that name. The name her sister always said during dinner. The name her sister despised. The man who stood before her.

"Ph... Philip H-H-Hamilton." She croaked out.

Philip's olive eyes widened. "Shit, you're awake. Uhhh... Angelica get a glass of water for the girl." He said.

His younger sister obeyed, sprinting off to the next ring which Mary guessed was the kitchen. Philip kneeled in front of Mary and examined her.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "We saw you passed out on the road."

"I.." Mary couldn't speak. Her throat was burning with thirst.

"ANGIE, WHERE'S THAT WATER?" He called.

"Here here here!" Angelica said, rushing inside with a glass full of water. She handed it to Mary. "Drink up."

Mary drank the water as quick as she could. The cool liquid soothed her aching throat. Her breath was still a little shakey but atleast she could speak.

"Better?" Philip asked.

"Ye-yes." Mary replied. "I'm terribly sorry but I do have to leave."

Angie and Philip looked at each other. "Excuse me for asking, but, why?" Angelica asked.

"I... have a ship to catch?" Mary lied.

"A ship? You're so young to be traveling alone. A-atleast stay the night." Philip said. "Our parents'll understand."

"Or we can take you to your guardian--"

"That won't be necessary." Mary interviened.

The Hamilton siblings shared another glance. Something was up, they could sense it.

"Excuse me, but I really need to leave." Mary said. "I'll just-- where is my bag?"

"Oh, here." Angelica said. "I even packed some food in there."

Mary nodded. "Thanks... I guess..."

"Why do you have male clothes?" Philip asked.

"Too many questions!" Mary yelled and sped through the door. "THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!"

"A runaway?" Angie suggested.

"Probably."

"Should we tell Mother and Father?"

"I think... we should tell her mother and father."

"How? We don't even know who that was!" Angie said.

"Mary Jefferson. Her name is Mary Jefferson." Philip said. "I remember from the letters in her bag."

"Oh no."

"That means..."

"Means?"

"Y/n and I are gonna have quite the conversation later."

●♢●

A/n: so your sister is heading to France, your nemesis and future hubby knows wassap, and w o w the lafayette's are coming soon.

Also, permission to replace Laf's wife with me instead????
P L E A S E. I'm a jealousbitch™ and I WaNt LaFaYeTtE pLs--