10

"Hello, John." Mary greeted as soon as she saw him.

Emma stood at her side, she could sense something was off. Before she could say a thing, Lillie dragged her off to grab tea or whatever for the two while they talked.

John Madison was seated at the couch next to Mary. A bright, warm smile was plastered on his face, his blue eyes shinning like they do when he's happy, his short brown hair blown in every direction. Mary found it irresistably cute.

"Hey." He greeted back. "So, I've got some amazing news!"

"What is it?" Mary asked, a smile of her own graced her lips. "My sister didn't kill Hamilton, did she? That would... suck."

John chuckled. Mary always loved his laugh. It was one of the many things she loved about him. He was smart and cute and amazing and wait, what did John say?

"Amazing right?!" John yelled.

"Hold your horses there, Mr. Madison." Emma said, carrying the tea set on a silver tray.

She set down on the table in front of them. Emma poured their tea into small tea cups with blue flowers painted on it.

"Ah, no thanks. I've had enough tea." John said, geasturing to his still tea soaked pants.

Lillie giggled. "Peed yourself, Mr. Madison?" She asked.

John gave Lillie a playful little glare (which, again, Mary thought was adorable). Emma sighed and walked up to Lillie.

"Excuse us." Emma said respectfully and pulled Lillie out of the room.

Mary looked at John. "I'm terribly sorry, but can you repeat what you said?"

●♧●

"I don't like this." Emma muttered to Lillie.

"Mary and John together?" Lillie asked.

"I like that. I just.. don't like how John looks."

"... happy?" Lillie offered.

"No. I mean, yeah he's happy but why?" Emma asked.

"Oh! He asked Y/n out today." Lillie said.

"Pardon?" Emma yelled.

"Yeah."

"How do you know, Lillie?" Emma asked, her grey eyes were intimindating.

That was one thing about Emma Hay, here eyes were different everytime. Sometimes they were grey and intimidating, other times they were soft and blue or vibrant and green.

"Well, he told me." Lillie said simply. "That's why he's here."

"Oh, no."

"Oh, no what?"

"He's gonna tell Mary. It'll break the poor girl's heart!" Emma said, grabbing Lillie by the shoulders.

"Well then, oh no indeed."

●♧●

"Okay, so I was at the cabinet meeting and Y/n was there, right?" John said. Mary nodded, hung on his every word. "So, blah blah blah blah politics stuff I was too busy being adorable to understand. Know what, forget this. Come my love, let's run away."