11

A/n: when julianna realizes john ran from new york to virginia in a matter of hours... whoops

Pretend those are two cities and not two states

●♤●

"Hey, kiddo!" Alexander greeted as he saw Philip walking at his direction.

"Hey Pops." Philip replied.

"How was the meeting?" Alex asked.

"... terrible."

"Ah, just like my first meeting with Jefferson." Alexander said.

"She didn't do anything but draw me dying!" Philip yelled and showed his the pidgeon attack drawing. Apparently she left two drawings.

"Hawks?" Alex offered.

"Fucking. Pidgeons."

"Well, that's pathetic." Hamilton said. "Pip, we better head home. Don't want your mom getting mad again."

●♤●

"MOM, DAD, I'M HOME!"

"John, please, dear, no yelling."

"Sorry, Mom." John Madison said and plopped down on the couch.

"You look tired, Honey. What's wrong?" Dolley Madison, who sat on an arm chair fixing James' handkerchief collection, asked.

"I ran all across the country, what do you expect?" John said, jokingly.

"Now why'd you do that?" James asked, walking into the living room. He stood next to his wife. "Wait, Dolley, the pink one and the whites don't go together."

"If you want this done specifically then you do it." Dolley muttered, but followed James anyway.

"Well, Dad, I... uh... asked Y/n out but it'a no big deal." He said, muttering the last parts.

"Wait what?" Dolley asked, placing a pink handkercheif in a pile of whites. (James quickly moved it to the proper stack of pink and patterned ones.)

"I asked Y/n out..." John muttered.

There was a silence in the living room as James and Dolley let the information sink in. 

"15 GRANDKIDS HERE I COME!"

"James Madison!"

"Sorry, Sweetie." James said, wincing.

"Anyway, yeah, I asked her out." John said.

"What'd she say, dear?" Dolley asked, a smile tugging her red lips.

"She said yes!" John said, pure cinnamon roll happiness radiating off of him.

Another silence as his parents ingested the news.

"Oh my God! Ha ha, yes! I'm gonna be grandfather soon!"

"James Madison!"

"Sorry, Sweetie." James said.

"So when your date?" Dolley asked. "Where are you gonna take her?"

"It's a secret." John said, and gave a small wink.

Truth be told, it wasn't a secret. He just forgot to plan the damn date. Yay, John!