5

Y/n went to school the next day with a sick feeling.

John must have noticed her uneasiness. He's been trying to calm her down the whole day. He heard about the case and has been helping Y/n prepare for it.

"You'll do amazing!" John encouraged. "You're Y/n Jefferson! Most amazing person among all amazing people!"

Y/n giggled at her friend. "You're too sweet, John." She said.

John blushed a bit. It wasn't just because he was easily flustered like his father, he also had a huge crush on Y/n. He's liked her ever since they met when they were kids. John would never forget that day.

●♤●

"Hello!" A small cheery girl greeted the young John Payne Madison.

John was at the Jefferson's estate for the first time. His father James was invited to a dinner party celebrating Mr. Jefferson's return from France. The parents were eating dinner while the children stayed in the library.

The girl who approached John was maybe two years younger than him. She smiled revealing a missing tooth. The seven-year-old smiled back.

"H-hello." John greeted, blushing hard.

She giggled. "You're cute." The girl said.

"No." John said. "I'm John Payne Madison."

The girl giggled at the blushing boy. John blushed more, realizing his mistake.

"I-I mean.. I'm John Payne Madison. If anyone's cute it's you." He said.

The girl blushed. "W-wh-wha-- I mean.. hehe.. thanks?" She said, not knowing how to respond to John's statement.

John blushed more. "Uh.. can we just.. start over?" He asked to which the girl nodded in response. "My name is John Payne Madison."

She giggled. "Mary Jefferson." The girl answered.

John smiled. "You're Mr. Jefferson's daughter?" He asked.

"Uh-huh." Mary answered. "And you're Mr. Madison's son?"

"Yeah." John said.

"Hey Mary!" Another girl greeted as she stepped into the room. "Who's this?"

"Oh. John this is my sister Y/n." Mary said, gesturing to her older sister. "N/n, this is John."

"Hello!" Y/n chirped.

John blushed. Y/n Jefferson was very pretty. Her h/l h/c hair was a mess and she had chocolate smudged all over her face and dress but John thought she was amazing. Y/n Jefferson looked around his age but she was still slightly taller.

"He-hello." John said. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." Y/n replied.

"You're really pretty." John blurted out.

Y/n giggled. "Thanks."

"I'll leave y'all to it." Mary said and left the pair to chat.

The two talked about a lot of things. Their conversations went from books to music to a bunch of other stuff. Turns out they had a lot in common. John got really flustered whenever Y/n giggled or complemented him.

"I don't like how you're slightly taller than me." John pouted.

Y/n giggled and ruffled John's hair. "You'll grow taller someday John." She said.

John chuckled. "Just you wait." He said. "I'mma-I'mma be taller than.. than your dad!"

"No one can be taller than Father." Y/n said.

"Oh yeah.." John said. "B-but we'll see about that! I'mma be taller than you someday. Mark my words."

"We'll see, Johnny." Y/n said.

"Don't call me Johnny." He said.

"Why... Johnny?" Y/n asked, just to annoy the boy.

John groaned and Y/n giggled. John pouted which Y/n thought was adorable.

"You're cute when you pout." Y/n said, making John's face go beight red.

He chuckled nervously. A man and a woman stepped into the library. They smiled at the blushing John and the giggling Y/n. James didn't want to disturb his moment with Y/n but it was really late and they had to go.

"John." James called. "It's time to leave."

"Wh-what?" John asked. "Five more minutes!"

"Sorry, bud, but we really have to leave." James said.

"Okay." John pouted.

"It's okay Johnny!" Y/n said. "We'll see each other again!"

John smiled at the girl. "Of course." He said and went to parents. "Bye Y/n."

"Bye Johnny!" Y/n called as the Madisons left the estate.

On the carraige ride home, James would not stop teasing his son. Dorothea Madison tried to stop her husband but failed miserably.

"When's the wedding?" James asked.

"Honey, please stop." Dolley said.

"Fine." James in defeat. "I want 15 grandkids."

"JAMES MADISON." Dolley yelled.

James chuckled nervously and humbly apologized. John burried his face in hands. For the rest of the ride, Dolley kept lecturing James on his immature behavior.

Meanwhile in the Jeffersons' estate, Mary has been fussing over the cute boy John Madison. Y/n smiled at her sister as she danced around her room.

"His smile was so cute!" Mary said with a dreamy smile. "And the way he blushes."

"You really like John." Y/n said as she sat on her sister's bed.

"He's got me helpless." Mary sighed dreamily.

"I can tell." Y/n said.

"What I do?" Mary asked.

"Do not your shot." Y/n adviced. "If you love this man, go get 'im."

Mary let out another dreamy sigh. "Yeah." She said.

"Girls?" Their father called from the other side of the door. "Time for bed."

Y/n stood up. "Don't worry, Mar Mar." She said. "I won't get in between you and Sir Blush-a-lot."

Mary sighed. "Night, N/n." She said as she climbed in bed.

"Night Mar Mar." Y/n said as she left her younger sister to dream about a future with John Madison.

●♤●

A/n: you can see all the future love problems that's gonna happen. Heh

And what's funny was when I wrote Helpless references, Helpless played

And another thing, am I the only one who appreciates Szin's little notes on her vids? Yes? Okay

Here's a meme thingy bc I'm a dick for making a lot of shit's gon' go down later on--