Chapter 39: Homecoming

Start from the beginning

"Thank you all for coming tonight. I'm La'Toya Robinson the writer, director and an actress of this play. It was such an honor and pleasure to work with these actors. They have so many different personalities. We are taking donations for the anti bullying campaign. Now without further ado I now will present to you this play."

She rushes back stage and the stage manager is already starting to set up the first scene. She looks at Jaida and Jaida gives her a thumbs up. It was an indicator that the sound board was ready. She smiles and gives all of us a pep talk. She says a quick prayer and we get in our places.

Jaida
Throughout the whole play I just can't help, but to admire my best friend. She's a natural when it comes down to this type of stuff. I know I don't have to worry about her because she got this. Tomorrow night it's gonna be my turn with the attention. I snap a few pics of her being involved with the play. So far everything is smooth. Everyone is going on their cues. The cameraman in the audience is capturing every moment of this. When the play ends all you can hear is clapping and whistles coming from the audience. I grab the mic and say

"Introducing the cast of this production. Your writer, director, and actress La'Toya Robinson!!!!!"

She does her lil jig to the music and takes a bow. She then stands to her correct spot as I introduce everyone else. I get introduced last because I'm the best. Together the cast and the stage hands bow together.

La'Toya
I spot part of the Legacy squad in the audience. I lock eyes with Orlando's mom and she nods with approval. We start cleaning up the stage, loading up the truck, and celebrating the play we put on. I order us pizza and thanked them. This play turned out better than I thought it would. My teacher called a news reporter to view my production. I smile because Jaida's turn is coming up tomorrow night.

Jaida
After we left the center my butterflies in my stomach are going wild. I have a sleepless night filled with tossing and turning. When the alarm goes off I turn it off and just lay in my bed. When I glance at the clock I see that it's 8:39 a.m. I can now check in without getting a tardy. I made up in my mind that I ain't going to school. I'm just gonna chill and set up for my fashion show for tonight. I roll out of my bed and I grab a bite to eat. Okay maybe more than a bite, but who's here to judge? I get ready and I head down to the place I booked for my fashion show. I start decorating and setting up. My phone goes off and I already know it's La'Toya.

Toya🤞💖😆: Wya?!!!

Me: Setting up for tonight

Toya🤞💖😆: You so fake for not coming

Me: You gon see me tonight

Toya💖💖😆: Ig..

Me: Wym you guess? Your one of my models

Toya🤞💖😆: You mean you're

Me:😑

Toya🤞💖😆: You need autocorrect in ya life

Me: Off topic

Toya🤞💖😆: I'm gonna see you boss

Me: Good now get back to your school work

Toya🤞💖😆: Okay mother.

Well after I stopped texting La'Toya I finished decorating and setting up. I did a fantastic job if I say so myself. La'Toya and the other models came here after school.