Adrift in Time Part 7

The mark of seven years was close. Since my unexpected alliance with Ganondorf, I have worked with him a few other times. One time, he even had someone else spy on me. It was then that I had to be careful. In the end, I passed his little test. By working with him, I found out the song of the Gorons. The Gorons tried to rebel against Ganondorf, and he sent me in to spy on them. 

I went to Goron City making no attempt to watch them without my presence going unnoticed. I simply walked in and requested an audience with all of them. I told them that they were being watched by Ganondorf and shouldn't make any rash decisions. Despite that, they wouldn't listen to reason as their leader, Darunia, was away on business.

They tried locking me up in chains. However, I noticed that one of the Gorons was named Link. I took a different route. After explaining that I knew Link, the young Goron ordered them to release me. He took me to Darunia's chambers. I later found out that the young Goron was Darunia's son.

I explained to him why I was helping Ganondorf and why they must keep a low profile. After that, I asked him about the Bolero of Fire. He knew nothing of the song, which I expected. It was lost to them just like the Zoras couldn't recall any song.

However, the young Goron, Link, stopped me before I could leave. He took out a set of drums while telling me that there was a song his father played for him every night. The song, he said, had no name. As he played it for me, I recognized it as the very song I required even though I had never heard it until then.

After that whole ordeal was over, I knew that I had to get the remaining song that went with the Water Temple. I faced the same problem. They knew nothing about the song the last time I checked with them. I needed to find the last song before Link awoke. Perhaps Princess Ruto knew of a tune her father played for her just as the Goron Link did.

Before making my way to Zora Domain, I headed up to meet with Ganondorf. The Goron Link assured me that while his father was away he would reason with the rest of his race. I could only hope.

Once I reached the moat of his gloomy castle, I was surprised to find him waiting for me. He stared down into the moat of lava as he asked me for my report.

"For now, they are no threat. How long that will last, I cannot say. If the Gorons rise up against you a second time, other races will follow."

"That is why I am prepared to make an example of them," he said.

After that, a dragon erupted out of the moat. I recognized it to be the same dragon that terrorized the Gorons long ago. Valvagia. It was a flying serpent whose scales were like bricks. There was only one weapon that could defeat it.

My heart hammered in my chest as the dragon soared around the castle. I prayed that the Gorons wouldn't be stupid. That they would listen to the Goron Link. I knew the pain of trying to warn adults of dangers though. The Goron Link wouldn't hold them down for very long.

"You are free to go," Ganondorf said, waving me off.

I stepped forward defiantly, "And what of my reward for helping you!"

He sighed as he finally turned around to face me. His yellow eyes lock onto my red. "What knowledge do you require this time?"

"The Zoras. You froze them, leaving us scrambling for their history."

"And what do you wish of me? If you want to do us both a favor then keep searching for Princess Zelda! She'll have the knowledge you need."

I stormed over to him, almost unafraid of him after the years I've "worked" for him. "That's exactly what I am trying to do. I have already told you about the legends past down and how if she is doing anything right now that would be searching for the Sages. If she will be anywhere, she'll be looking for where you hid the Zoras. And I can't catch her if I don't even know where most of them fled!"