"Prince Kai is a pleasure to see you at our camp" a loud man approached me his voice making my ears ring even though Leo took a step back.

"bring out all the soldiers I want to see your strongest," skipping the formalities I went straight to business.

Training the men was my cover but as soon as I am done messing around here I will take to the forest to search for this dragon.

"Sir we have just received a bunch of new men I don't think I can" he nearly barked into my ear

"Bring out every soldier and medic to the sparring ground "The general didn't need me to ask one more time he turned and screamed out an order

"Kent gather all the men and looney immediately " cringing at the volume of this man's voice. I turned and moved towards the fields

I watch as Leo made his way into one of the tents to rest from the long trip here, men got out of his way many stared because they probably have not been in close contact with a dragon before.

I walked out towards the field that I assumed they used as their training ground. In small numbers groups of men slowly began lining up in front of me. When they noticed my presence they fell silent. May of them fixed up their uniforms and even their posture.

They know what to expect, they've probably heard stories of me. Some made up some truth.

Despite most of the men being silent a couple of whispered to their buddies about what was coming.

"were going to die, man, the medic is a woman"

"her eyes look demon-possessed "

"she may look like a freak but I bet you I could make her a wife in one night." he chuckled causing a few men around him

My jaw clenched as I listened to these men, they were sent here to train and protect the kingdom not gossip about some random women.

"Silence" The men shut up quickly after hearing my voice."I am looking for a group of the strongest men"

Many men straightened their posture and took a powerful stance. They looked around to see who they all were looking at.

One man, in particular, stood at the front of the group with a strong build and a cocky smile

"So today I will challenge the few who are brave enough to take me on in hand-to-hand combat" whispers quickly started amongst the men "tomorrow we will use weapons and the next day we will practice conditioning"

"and on the fourth day, I will choose the group of men to take with me on my mission."

The crowd excitedly started to talk to one another. Each one thinks they are better than the other.

"Now, who will be first?"

The excited chatter died down.

No one was willing to be first. Everyone wanted to see how others do.

"I will go first," an older soldier approached me with a confident walk. Other men admired his courage nodding their heads in approval

He had a strong build, pale skin, probably from the north, he had fire red hair and stood taller than most of the other men, towering over me as well

he bowed "Smithen sir,"

he said with a commanding voice, I bowed in return

I went into sparring stance ready for my opponents' advances. he quickly did the same knowing what the bloody prince is known for.

I struck first striking his shoulder causing him to stumble back holding his shoulder knew I hit his axillary nerve hindering his arm rotation. He tried to reach his arm back but instead, he let out a scream in pain.