Nurse?

The lands are split into what their land produced.

The lush isle produced and transported most of the produce in the lands. The finest apples, the sweetest berries, the tastiest vegetables. This was where the strongest and richest found their food.

The dark lands produce most of the metals used by the armies and used to build homes. The land was surrounded but mountains and caves full of precious metals.

The Isle of light is where the royal family lives. The dragons or at least what's left of them reside in the castle's training grounds where they prepare them for battles that may arise.

I live in the land of trees. and of course, by the name, we supply the city and the ones surrounding us with their lumber and tree variety.

But with the dark lands producing metal and stronger elements not many people trade with us. Our land became very poor because of this fact. Other lands began to send their criminals and poorer people to our lands and we eventually became a dumping ground.

The crimes rose significantly and many people were hurt. it became more and more unsafe to live out here. eventually, it had gotten so bad that the king had pity and placed a soldiers camp in our town.

we thought that it would be safer for us to head out but the soldiers did not care to protect most of us. Instead, they separated the rich from the poor, freaks, and immigrants. the pushed us closer to the forest and the many harmful creatures that lived in it. they built a wall to separate us and used us to harvest the lumber and do the work for the people who didn't want to. we tailored their clothes, and carved beautiful statues, we were even hired to go into their homes and make their food.

we were seen as less than and often had to avoid being confronted by the people who lived in the city. If you are caught by them no matter what keep your eyes on the floor and hope they are in a good mood even if they are criticizing you.

which is what I am trying to do right now

I was following the trail of ants eating the remains of a biscuit they found with my eyes. They climb over rocks and through the many cracks on the floor. I frown as the person in front of me stomps their foot smashing a few of the ants and causing chaos for the rest of the line. They scatter trying to find a safe route again.

I was forced back into reality with harsh words I heard in front of me

" Do you think that because you work with our soldiers that you are any better than us" a short woman with beautiful braided hair and tons of jewelry sneered

"you probably slept your way to the top"

"just don't let me catch you talking to my husband"

the women surrounded me hurling insults and swearing. I kept my eyes trained to the ground pulling my scarf further up my head to make sure my hair was covered.

they continued to yell insults and many of the other people I recognize from my village either tried to avoid my glance or laughed at how I was being embarrassed.

their insults were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat

"Ladies our camp really needs our medic what would happen if one of us were hurt and we didn't have anyone to tend to our injuries."

I tried to hide my smirk knowing that the soldiers would rather live with a broken neck than visit me.

"Sorry, Kent she was being reckless and not paying attention to where she was going and bumped into me making me drop my biscuit." one of the ladies explained flashing her eyelashes and smiling.