Prison pt. 1

Luna's Pov

" you are under arrest by the king's orders"

A group of guards quickly surrounded me. Kai was quickly pushed towards the back of the guard's hiss and yells quickly being ignored.

I felt someone grab my arms and push me down into the earth. The sounds of my pins clinging and falling to the ground

The smell of the wet earth and the ocean around me filled my senses. In an instant, everything went silent. I could hear noises around me but I couldn't make out anything that was being said. I saw a ball of fire in the distance.

I could see hundreds of guards surround Kai with shields. Another set of guards had buckets of water continuously thrown on him to keep him from killing too many of the soldiers.

I felt my body being hoisted up. Their rough hands dug into my skin pulling me to my feet. They tried to get me to walk but I refused. My heart was racing and I could feel the water shift underneath my feet, but I refused to take action.

I knew that I would kill all of them in an instance.

I felt my body start to be dragged along the ground. The rocks scraping against my skin, but I refused to fight.

Off in the distance, I watched Kai fight as best as he could but he was too overwhelmed. I wanted so badly to help but I couldn't.

I was pulled through the castle gates. My surrounding was left dark. I couldn't see a thing I could hear the soldier's footsteps echoing in the dark corridor.

" The king has had enough of your behavior"

The king. What have I done to the king?

The soldiers marching suddenly came to a halt at an empty wet jail cell. The sounds of rats and other foul-smelling animals filled the space.

My body shivered to look at the space.

I felt my body being thrown into space. My pins clattered as I hit the floor. My clothing immediately soaked up foul-smelling water.

Once I looked up at the faces of the guards I was met with a smiling face that felt way too familiar

For a second I was back at my village

Their laughing faces and harsh words filled my mind.

This was my place. Where I belong in this world in this lifetime.

Perhaps when I die the goddess of the moon will show me her kindness and allow me a simpler life.

I could feel water slipping down my face and falling into the puddle underneath my body.

That night I lay there and cried.

Not for myself though

I cried for my sister

I cried for the people who have been hurt for their kindness towards me

I cried for kai and how he fought throughout the night for me.

I cried a thousand tears for a thousand different people

When I woke up in the morning my body felt more dehydrated.

I searched the dark cell for water or maybe even something to eat. My stomach rumbles as thoughts of food filled my head

"They left us, nothing princess"

I felt my body jerk back.

A figure rested in the corner of my cell

He seemed tall and had a black hood covering most of his face