Chapter 10 - The Light of a Dream!

Start from the beginning

"Nope. Not yet" I responded.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight" she whispered.

"Is it because your solo is on tomorrow?" I questioned.

"Wow, you used magic Kazuna! You guessed it! I'm just so excited! But I'm nervous at the same time..." Emi said the last bit quietly.

"There's no need to nervous" I told her.

"Says the one who didn't want to go on stage alone!" Emi joked. I laughed awkwardly.

"Anyways, we should both try to get some sleep." I closed my eyes and snuggled in the blankets.

"You're right. Well, goodnight Kazuna! Oh, and one more thing!"

I opened my eyes again.

"Thanks for being here for me."

After Emi said those words, she turned, and didn't stir. I smiled to myself. "Thanks as well Emi."

***

"Morning Emi!" I said as I woke up. I didn't get a reply. I looked over at where Emi was supposed to be. There was no sign of her anywhere in the dorm.

I put on my uniform and went to the main building.

"Hey Kazuna! Where's Emi?" Miru asked when we were getting breakfast.

"I have no clue...please don't tell me she's lost again" I muttered, remembering the other day on Aikatsu Island.

"Maybe she was blinded by my amazing Hanakaness?" Hanaka suggested.

Miru and I looked at Hanaka.

"I was just kidding!" Hanaka huffed.

As the three of us discussed where Emi could be, someone came up to us.

"Are you looking for Emi Miharu?" a girl in Aurora Symphony questioned. The three of us nodded.

"I saw her early this morning. She went out for a jog, and then she said she was going to the Headmistress" the girl explained.

"Why though?" I said to no one in particular. The girl shrugged.

"Something about leaving school grounds and going to a beach. Anyways, bye!"

"What..." Hanaka's eyebrow twitched as she became confused.

"Stegosaurus..." Miru muttered.

I had already raced to the Headmistress, taking a few snacks with me.

Hanaka and Miru watched me go. As Miru reached out to grab the biscuit I had gotten and placed on my tray, Hanaka slapped her hand.

And they had another battle.

***

I stopped running when I passed through the park. The stage was being set up for later. It looked amazing. I didn't stay to marvel for long though. I rushed down the path, and after five minutes, was at the beach.

This place was oddly familiar. I saw Emi sitting on the sand as she gazed at the ocean.

She seemed to sense my presence.