Chapter 9 - Waiting Room

Sat in the waiting room at the hospital was: Harry's family, Louis' family, and the boys. That was it. Everyone was still waiting on Harry's return from America. His mum had tried calling several times but he didn't seem to pick up. 

Everyone was running out of things to do: Louis' mum and sisters were in bits, crying floods of tears while Louis' dad tried keeping them together. Then there was Harry's mum and sister, fear of Louis not pulling through and worry of what had happened to Harry while Harry's dad tried assuring them that he was fine, telling them he'd travelled to different countried onn his own before. Then there was Niall crying for the same reason, having Liam comfort him. And then Zayn was on update duty, phone in front of his face, giving any news that was going to come out to everyone who was close to Louis and there fans who had found out on Twitter.

"Harry!" Anne cried as Harry came round the corner, curls bouncing. He looked broken, especially his eyes which were blood shot from crying. Harry ran straight into his mum's arms and sobbed into her shoulder. After a while, he pulled away and looked at everyone, to see they were already sympathetically looking back at him.

"Where is he?" Harry sniffled. Nobody replied. "Where is he?"

"We're not allowed to see him yet," Jay, Louis' mum mumbled, a sniffle of her own following.

"I need to see him!" Harry yelled. "He'll want me by his side!" He took a deep breath to calm down. "You don't understand ... I need to check on him, make sure he's okay."

"The doctors will let us know if anything happens," Jay replied. "All we can do now is wait. It's hurting me as much as it is with you, Harry, but we have to be strong. For our boy, all right?"

"It's my fault though, Jay," Harry sobbed, hand coming up to rub his face violenlty, wiping the tears away. "I was too far away." His hands dropped to his side, swinging. "If I had been there for him like I should've been then-"

"Stop it right there," Jay snapped, standing in front of her son's upset boyfriend with a stern look. "None of this is your fault, you hear me?"

"But-"

"No," she said, cutting across him. "It's not your fault." She pulled Harry into a warm hug for him to let out any more tears, only it started everyone else off as they all began to cry.

At that moment, the doctor walked over to them. Harry and Jay sprang immediately sprang apart to focus on the doctor. 

"How is he?" Harry asked. "Will he be okay?"

The doctor smiled. "He'll be just fine. He's a strong lad and should be awake within a few days."

Harry sighed with relief, bringing Jay into another hug.