Chapter 23 - Lips to Lips

"Why did you do it, Harry?" asked Louis as he played with Harry's curls while Harry had his head resting on Louis' chest.

"I couldn't cope on my own," Harry told him, voice small. He looked up at Louis. "But I won't be doing it again."

"I know you won't because I'm moving back in with you," said Louis as Harry dropped his head back down to Louis' chest.

"There's no need," Harry replied. "I'm living here for a while."

"I need to be around to protect you," said Louis in a firm voice. "Don't you understand that?"

"I've got Gemma."

Louis sighed, looking at his watch. "Will you at least think about going back home 'cause I promise you, I'll stay right by your side."

Harry nodded. "I'll think about it."

"Good," Louis breathed. "Now, try and sleep, yeah? You look tired."

It's not that Harry looked tired, it's because Louis had be somewhere and didn't want Harry watching him leave. 

Harry yawned and nodded, eyes closing.

It didn't take long for Harry to drift off to sleep in his ex-boyfriend's arms. But when he did, Louis had to go. He gently laid Harry beside him and slid out out the bed. He looked down at the beautiful boy and closed his eyes, tempted to do something risky.

He decided to lean down and place his lips to Harry's, lingering there. He knew Harry wouldn't know he done it but he still shouldn't have because it's messing with Harry and that's one thing Harry didn't need at the moment. Louis needed to make up his mind on who he wanted to be with.

Louis pulled away and stood up straight, hurrying out the door before Harry woke up.