Chapter 4

“Game on…”

Chapter 4

All through the day, I was a walking mess. I had this intolerant urge to check my phone every few seconds, waiting for him to text me and at the same time dreading it. While Amber was still her cool and collected self. As lunch rolled by, a smirk form on my lips, knowing I was going to win this bet.

Just 5 more little minu- My phone vibrate against my tights to signal an incoming call, making me jump in my seat. Who the heck would call me during school? As I ignore it, I could feel the pressure of Amber’s gaze on the back of my head, almost like she wanted to be in it, to know what made me jump. As the teacher turn its back to us, I turn in my seat and mouth ‘Cellphone’ to her. I watch on as excitement and joy rise in her eyes, already knowing who she thought called me. As if a pop star like him would call me. Pfff, yeah only in my dreams….Not that I dream of that, not at all, never in my wildest dreams…He he…I’m a bad liar…

I roll my eyes as she dance in her chair, a victory dance, and felt my eyebrow rose as I keep ignoring the calls and they keep coming in. Only 1 more minute, 1 more little minute. 50 seconds….40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2,1….RINGGG… I jump out of my seat, dropping my stuff in my bag and ran out of the door. As Amber struggle to keep up with me, I trot toward my locker, open it, without even flinching as it bang on the locker beside mine, and shove my bag inside of  it, grabbing the money for my lunch and silently cursing whoever is calling me, as my phone vibrate once again in my pocket. Who the heck won’t stop harassing my phone!?

We skip toward the backyard, planning to escape the school gate to go eat at the local café by the forest. The walk was silent, neither of us wanting to disturb the quietness of the forest, as the nature slowly soothe us. I felt my back stiffen as my cell vibrate once again.

Whipping my cellphone, I answer the call without looking at the number nor the caller identity.

‘’ Who are you and why the freacking heck have you been harassing my phone for the last 15 minutes?’’ My tone was harsh and strained, you could clearly hear the irritation in it.

‘’ Huh…Hi, it’s me Harry, your friend gave me your number?’’ It came out more like a question than a statement. And I barely register the flicker of joy in the pit of my stomach as he gave me his identity.

‘’ That doesn’t explain why you kept calling me.’’ I know it’s rude, but he got on my nerve.

‘’ Yeah, but it just express how much I wanted to talk to you.’’ Cheeky Bastard.’’ And why didn’t you answer me on the first call?’’

‘’ Oh, I don’t know maybe because I was during a class? You’re lucky my phone didn’t got confiscated because of you, because I would have shave your head off.’’ Amber raise her eyebrow at my threat, a smile curling the side of her mouth.

‘’ Right, that’s logical… and you wouldn’t shave my head since you would miss my curls.’’

‘’As if, and it is supposed to be logical since it’s the truth, dimwit.’’ Okay the last word I mutter under my breath but by the baffle expression of my friend standing in front of me, and the current silent on the other side of the line, I’m gonna suppose it wasn’t low enough and they both heard me. Oups? Clearing my throat, I lowered my tone, feeling the anger slowly dissolve. ‘’ Now if you would please excuse me, I’m starving and this conversation is keeping my food away. Kind of.’’