Nerds Need Love Too: Chapter 31

"So you have another dress?" Jessica said slowly as she kept her eyes on the road.

"Duh!" I scoff before looking out the window. She laughed before shaking her head. Then she shouted " Learn how to drive you dumbo!" as she shouted toward an old man with glasses.

She gave me a sheeplish smile, before pulling up to my house, grabbing our bookbags we got out of the car and went upstairs. " So you got your dress?" I asked.

She nodded her head, before putting her dress in my closet. In her hand was a large beach bag, I sneek a peek and saw it had a makeup kit, with a few accessories for her dress.

"When your gonna let me see your dress?" as she gestuerd her hand, and looked at me smiling.

I turned to her and said 'shh' with my hands and smiled.

She sigh before smiling and said "Okay -well we should be getting ready".

I smiled and bit my lip. " Oh yea" as I arch my eyebrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Owh! You burn my ear!"  Jessica yelp.

"Oh shut up!" as I slap her hand away from her ear. "Ass" I muttered. She rolled her eyes at me before applying nude lip gloss on her lips.

After ten minutes of curling her hair she finished her makeup. Black winged look, nude lips, her tight fitted dress and nude pumps- she was gorgeous.

I - on the other hand, went for a simple look. I was already a little pale, so I went for black eyeliner on my lower and upper waterline, I put on tons of mascara, and a sparkling pink lip gloss. Slipping on my dress, and slipping on my black pumps I curled my hair, then comb it through-giving a wave to the end.

If you haven't heard, my mom had let me dye my hair for the dance, for my choice of color, I dyed my hair red, not bright but not to dark.

Jessica looked up and looked at me, she inhaled slowly but deeply, her mouth was open and she smiled before she looked at me, "You look beautiful Milly" she said softly. I saw that her eyes were getting watery and before you knew a tear sled off her face.

"Jessica!" I grab a tissue and wrap her tears.

"You are, don't let Lauren get to you tonight, this is your night. Don't let her ruin it for you. Stand up for yourself" she softly smiled before exiting the room.

I looked at myself before existing the room. I stood by my vanity mirror and looked at myself.

There was a pretty girl staring right at me. Her hair done. Her makeup done. Her dress perfect. I looked beautiful. No one was gonna ruin my night.

I walked downstairs smiling. I slowly looked up and saw Nick and James smiling down at me, they were wearing their tuxes they had bought and each was holding a rose in their hand. Shay was on the other side , holding Jessica's hand.

(Scroll for Milly's dress)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We walked in the school gym, our hands locked together. The lights were dim low,  and the music was loud and was making every girls hips move.

( Song for the entrance: Danza Kuduro ) 

I felt a tap on my shoulder to see Lauren wearing my dress- the dress I had bought earlier from the store.

"Doesn't this dress look beautiful on me?" she said softly titling her head and arching her eyebrow.

"It looks beautiful on you Lauren" I said smiling at her. She squinted her eyes to me before saying " Thanks, it looks way better on me on what it would look like on you." she said smirking.